GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Redwood Platform With Stairs in Kit Form (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/185666-redwood-platform-stairs-kit-form.html)

W[_2_] 12-07-2009 10:21 PM

Redwood Platform With Stairs in Kit Form

I am looking for a large platform - preferably made of redwood - with stairs
that is sold as a kit. Does anyone know of a manufacturer for this?

My application is that I want safe entry into an above ground pool for some
elderly people. The stairs that I see sold by spa and portable pool
dealers typically come up about half way up the pool and then you are
expected to climb over the top of the rim of the pool. That's fine for
adults and kids, but not so great or stable for an older person. What I am
hoping to build or buy is a stable deck platform about seven foot wide and
four feet deep, with stairs and rails to get to that platform. I want an
older person to be able to lie down comfortably on the platform - the same
level as the pool, and just slip off of that into the pool.

If anyone knows of good kits that would require simple assembly to build
something like this, please post the link.

ecenur 27-11-2010 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W[_2_] (Post 855754)
[...]

I love what you have done, I am going to be selling my home. I have an above ground pool in my backyard which the buyer really liked, she also liked the way the deck was set up. My only problem now is, I need to fix it up it is not in great condition. So I am thinking might as well fix it up, the buyer is happy and will be willing to buy the home for the asking price. Your idea seems really great!