GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   The Blob is on My Plum Tree (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/185709-blob-my-plum-tree.html)

Bert Byfield 14-07-2009 09:00 PM

The Blob is on My Plum Tree

This is a link to some pictures of "The Blob" (dark brown stuff wrapped
around the branches, about a hundred of them, three or four inches
long) which has attached itself all over my Italian Prune tree in
upstate New York. Does anyone know what this is and what I should do to
it?

http://caravelabooks.com/plumcrud/

Boron Elgar[_2_] 14-07-2009 09:09 PM

The Blob is on My Plum Tree

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 15:00:11 -0500, Bert Byfield
wrote:

This is a link to some pictures of "The Blob" (dark brown stuff wrapped
around the branches, about a hundred of them, three or four inches
long) which has attached itself all over my Italian Prune tree in
upstate New York. Does anyone know what this is and what I should do to
it?

http://caravelabooks.com/plumcrud/

Looks like black knot, a fungus.

http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/pp/notes/oldnotes/fd4.htm

Boron

Amos Nomore 15-07-2009 01:34 AM

The Blob is on My Plum Tree

http://www.nysipm.cornell.edu/factsh...ases/bk/bk.asp

gardenplanters 23-07-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bert Byfield (Post 856114)
This is a link to some pictures of "The Blob" (dark brown stuff wrapped
around the branches, about a hundred of them, three or four inches
long) which has attached itself all over my Italian Prune tree in
upstate New York. Does anyone know what this is and what I should do to
it?

http://caravelabooks.com/plumcrud/

Hi,
Looks like black knot, a fungus.