GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   hydrangea (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/185945-hydrangea.html)

Dan Listermann 23-07-2009 08:47 PM

hydrangea

I have a plant that belonged to my grandmother. It is not doing very well
due to being moved, eaten by a puppy and stomped by construction workers.
It is now about a foot tall and I have a bit of hope for it now that things
have settled down. At some point I would like to give some of it to
relatives in honor of grandma. Do these plants use cuttings to reproduce or
is it only seed?

Frank 23-07-2009 09:07 PM

hydrangea

Dan Listermann wrote:
I have a plant that belonged to my grandmother. It is not doing very well
due to being moved, eaten by a puppy and stomped by construction workers.
It is now about a foot tall and I have a bit of hope for it now that things
have settled down. At some point I would like to give some of it to
relatives in honor of grandma. Do these plants use cuttings to reproduce or
is it only seed?

Cuttings. Extremely easy. You should find pictures on net. Cut off
end with a couple of leaves and cut off top half of leaves and put stem
in moist potting soil. Nearly all cuttings will take.