GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Topsy Turvey (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/186331-topsy-turvey.html)

MEG 06-08-2009 12:35 AM

Topsy Turvey

Hi all: Has anyone had any luck with the topsy turvey tomato grower? I
bought one and had no luck at all.. Mike

mleblanca 06-08-2009 02:04 AM

Topsy Turvey

On Aug 5, 6:51 pm, Balvenieman wrote:
"MEG" wrote:
Has anyone had any luck with the topsy turvey tomato grower?

Yeah: The people selling them.

How true! My neighbors have one (I do not) It has little green
tomatoes
about the size of a golf ball, and the plants are drying up from the
heat; they are not even in full sun. Not a success.

emilie
NorCal

MEG 06-08-2009 02:21 AM

Topsy Turvey

"MEG" wrote in message

Hi all: Has anyone had any luck with the topsy turvey tomato grower? I
bought one and had no luck at all.. Mike
I bought one.. Waited forever for it to come in.. Planted tomato and
cucumber plants in it.. If I watered it, the plants would wilt and die..
If I didn't water it, the plants would turn brown and die...

Sure looked easy on the tv commercials.. oh well if something looks too good
to be true, usually it is.. Mike

Karen[_3_] 06-08-2009 05:36 PM

Topsy Turvey

On Aug 6, 5:19*am, Jangchub wrote:
I tested one this year and maybe it is not so good for south Texas. *I
am not impressed and not one tomato was produced.

A friend just harvested one tomato from the topsyturvy in San Jose,
Calif.

The plant seems out of synch... it wants to grow up but it's forced to
grown down.

Karen