Old 08-08-2009, 11:40 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Off topic Crazy trespass stuff

Sort of thought of this land is my land this land is your land.

Tragic.

Guess from Salon.

Ohio man who killed lawn walker commits suicide

Aug 8th, 2009 | LEBANON, Ohio -- An Ohio man convicted of killing his
15-year-old neighbor because he walked on the man's well-kept lawn has
committed suicide in prison.

Ohio prison officials say 69-year-old Charles Martin killed himself
Friday at the Lebanon Correctional Institution in southwest Ohio.

The Department of Rehabilitation and Correction did not say how Martin
died. He had been sentenced to serve 18 years in prison before he could
be considered for parole.

Martin had pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity to shooting Larry
Mugrage Jr. to death with a shotgun in March 2006. Jurors rejected that
argument and convicted him.

At sentencing, Martin said he was sorry the shooting occurred. But he
said the teenager knew how much he cared for his lawn and provoked him.

--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Old 10-08-2009, 08:44 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Aug 8, 3:40*pm, Bill who putters wrote:
[...]

But heaven forbid the govt should try to control, e.g. those gun
shows where any maniac can buy AK47s and similar war weapons. Our
pussy govt. just had to admit that the devastating Mexican border wars
going on right now acquire most of their weapons from the good old
U.S.A. Every day there's another report of some nut walking into a
store or temple or other public venue and spraying
the place with bullets, murdering innocent people. Dunno - who are we
to preach to the world about
terrorism???

Old 10-08-2009, 11:00 PM posted to rec.gardens

Higgs Boson wrote:

But heaven forbid the govt should try to control, e.g. those gun
shows where any maniac can buy AK47s and similar war weapons. Our
pussy govt. just had to admit that the devastating Mexican border
wars going on right now acquire most of their weapons from the good
old U.S.A. Every day there's another report of some nut walking into
a store or temple or other public venue and spraying the place with
bullets, murdering innocent people. Dunno - who are we to preach to
the world about terrorism???

That's a pretty good rant. It made no sense whatsoever, and the part
about the Mexican border was just plain wrong*, but it was entertaining
so I give it a "6". (anyone else wanna vote?)

*Not entirely your fault, you just repeated the lies told by our
illustrious Secretary of State and others.

Best regards,
Bob
Old 11-08-2009, 12:41 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Rick wrote:

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 00:44:31 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson
wrote:

[...]

He shot the kid with a single shot .410 shot gun. The smallest shot
gun made, and not a war weapon. The kid wasn't innocent, he knew the
old guy was tweaked about his lawn and walked on it repeatedly. So
did his parents. I'm not defending the murder of an unarmed and
stupid teenager, but guns and gun laws had very little to do with it.
Lack of parenting and respect for others property, the arrogance of
youth, combined with mental illness had everything to do with it. FWIW
if a tweaked old man threatens to shoot you with a shot gun if you
don't quit walking on his lawn, don't laugh, cuss at him and tell to
"just try it". Our society murdered Martin just as surely as Martin
murdered the boy.

We'll need those guns and bullets as we transition into whatever
thieving rich get richer system seeks to replace capitalism in the US.
Couple of tweaked old men with .410s placed at the doors of democratic
town hall meetings might calm things down and allow debate to proceed.

On the other hand, when is the last time you heard of a "drive by"
stabbing? The more guns there are, the more, bigger guns you need to
protect yourself, so the reasoning goes. Unfortunately, the plutocrats
who run this "kleptocracy" have changed my mind on gun control. Not that
any of us would stand a chance when Blackwater comes calling at 3 AM.
--
Racial injustice, war, urban blight, and environmental rape have a common denominator in our exploitative economic system.*
~Channing E. Phillips

http://tinyurl.com/o63ruj
http://countercurrents.org/roberts020709.htm
Old 11-08-2009, 12:56 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Bill who putters" wrote in message

Sort of thought of this land is my land this land is your land.

Tragic.

Guess from Salon.

Yes, and....?
http://www.salon.com/wires/ap/us/200..._shot_suicide/
Ohio man who killed lawn walker commits suicide

Aug 8th, 2009 | LEBANON, Ohio -- An Ohio man convicted of killing his
15-year-old neighbor because he walked on the man's well-kept lawn has
committed suicide in prison.

Ohio prison officials say 69-year-old Charles Martin killed himself
Friday at the Lebanon Correctional Institution in southwest Ohio.

The Department of Rehabilitation and Correction did not say how Martin
died. He had been sentenced to serve 18 years in prison before he could
be considered for parole.

Martin had pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity to shooting Larry
Mugrage Jr. to death with a shotgun in March 2006. Jurors rejected that
argument and convicted him.

At sentencing, Martin said he was sorry the shooting occurred. But he
said the teenager knew how much he cared for his lawn and provoked him.

Obvious paste. See "Guess" from above.

--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

My comments follow here. If he'd been in Texas and tied a steer to the
young man's hand after the shootin', he'd been exonerated. (dadburn cattle
rustler). Yep, I'm striring stuff up too. Must be one of them
trouble-makin' Tea Party fellas (sic).
--
"All men are created equal"
No one said they weren't different.

Dave

Old 11-08-2009, 12:59 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
Billy wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Every room in my house has a weapon. Most double as Japanese gardening
tools the rest swords for play. Some just bamboo lengths. I practice
every day on using them in a efficient manner.

Bill described as gentle yet a strike in .02 or .03 still worked at
daily.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6XTGoJTrAc

I like to use these principles in dancing. Better to yield fer sure.

--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Old 11-08-2009, 01:15 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"Grasshopper" NONE wrote:

[...]

Guns ands shooting brings out the best in us. Guess.

Bill

--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Old 11-08-2009, 02:06 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

wrote:

[...]

My wife said my room "was" a weapon. I had to clean it up. One more
chink in our defensive perimeter.

Most double as Japanese gardening
tools the rest swords for play.
Some just bamboo lengths.

Eskrima?
I practice
every day on using them in a efficient manner.

Bill described as gentle yet a strike in .02 or .03 still worked at
daily.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6XTGoJTrAc

I like to use these principles in dancing. Better to yield fer sure.

If you ever get a chance to watch Ali box, notice his right foot when he
throws a punch. He pushes off his right toes to get his hip around
quickly.

Oh, happy day, while watering my mostly identified herbs, I discovered
another stevia sulking down behind the stinging nettle. Moved it across
the yard next to my other stevia. Now there is a real chance of having
little stevias running all around the yard;O)

Old 11-08-2009, 02:37 PM posted to rec.gardens

Billy wrote in

u:

In article ,
Rick wrote:
We'll need those guns and bullets as we transition into whatever
thieving rich get richer system seeks to replace capitalism in
the US. Couple of tweaked old men with .410s placed at the doors
of democratic town hall meetings might calm things down and allow
debate to proceed.

On the other hand, when is the last time you heard of a "drive by"
stabbing? The more guns there are, the more, bigger guns you need
to protect yourself, so the reasoning goes. Unfortunately, the
plutocrats who run this "kleptocracy" have changed my mind on gun
control. Not that any of us would stand a chance when Blackwater
comes calling at 3 AM.

not really true, Billy. the Revolution was won more by stealth &
courage than by guns. the Revolutionary Army of the new world
actually had more farm implements than guns & was among the first to
practice guerrilla warfare. the British had trouble adapting to such
tactics as firing from behind rock walls & trees, rather than
standing & firing in ranks.
it's really not the power of the weapon (since i doubt the
government is stupid enough to use nuclear weapons on the
disenfranchised), but the power of conviction.

now, if we could get the masses off their bread & circuses to see
what they can do, we'd get somewhere. with or without the
"government"
lee

Old 11-08-2009, 07:06 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
enigma wrote:

Billy wrote in

u:

In article ,
Rick wrote:
[...]

Fer sure, guns ain't the answer, but they appear to be the fall back
position for the government, which is shifting to private detention
centers, and private armies for those who aren't sufficiently mesmerized
by the opiates of the masses, when they clock out from the treadmill of
the daily grind.

Meanwhile,"more than a third of the American public suspects that
federal officials assisted in the 9/11 terrorist attacks or took no
action to stop them so the United States could go to war in the Middle
East" http://www.scrippsnews.com/911poll

two-thirds of Americans say they want investigations into the role of
Bush administration officials in torture, warrantless wiretapping and
the politicization of the Justice Department. 40 percent of respondents
said they want to see prosecutions.
http://www.democracynow.org/2009/2/13/headlines#3

Report: Bailed-Out Banks Spent $32B in Bonuses in 2008
http://www.democracynow.org/2009/7/31/headlines#3

1 in every 100 Americans in jail
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08060/861421-85.stm

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have an articulate and intelligent
person at the helm of state again, but for all the populist talk, it
doesn't look like our course is changing.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:54 PM posted to rec.gardens

Rick wrote:

He shot the kid with a single shot .410 shot gun. The smallest shot
gun made, and not a war weapon. The kid wasn't innocent, he knew the
old guy was tweaked about his lawn and walked on it repeatedly. So
did his parents. I'm not defending the murder of an unarmed and
stupid teenager, but guns and gun laws had very little to do with it.

Except that ready access to a gun makes it _so_ much easier for nutters to
do something leathal when they snap. The alternative is a lot of yelling
and frothing at the mouth and sometimes swinging a kitchen knife or shovel.
Sure you can kill somebody with a kitchen knife but its so much easier
easier with a gun.

Lack of parenting and respect for others property, the arrogance of
youth, combined with mental illness had everything to do with it. FWIW
if a tweaked old man threatens to shoot you with a shot gun if you
don't quit walking on his lawn, don't laugh, cuss at him and tell to
"just try it". Our society murdered Martin just as surely as Martin
murdered the boy.

Youth has always thumbed its nose a authority, shown disrespect and raised
the ire of their elders: this is nothing new. Sure the mental health of the
perpetrator and the flaws of society at large bear most of the blame for the
cause but if it wasn't for the convenient gun his chance of doing real harm
would have been so much less. This argument that because there are other
causes, that having a gun is not the primary cause, is very weak once you
look at the whole process not just the causes.

We'll need those guns and bullets as we transition into whatever
thieving rich get richer system seeks to replace capitalism in the US.
Couple of tweaked old men with .410s placed at the doors of democratic
town hall meetings might calm things down and allow debate to proceed.

A dark prediction and a darker solution.

David

Old 12-08-2009, 02:13 AM posted to rec.gardens

David Hare-Scott wrote:
Rick wrote:

We'll need those guns and bullets as we transition into whatever
thieving rich get richer system seeks to replace capitalism in the US.
Couple of tweaked old men with .410s placed at the doors of democratic
town hall meetings might calm things down and allow debate to proceed.

A dark prediction and a darker solution.

David

Read about the Battle of Athens (1946). It was not what (or where) you
might expect.

http://www.americanheritage.com/arti...985_2_72.shtml

Bob
Old 15-08-2009, 01:51 PM posted to rec.gardens

Billy wrote in

u:

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have an articulate and
intelligent person at the helm of state again, but for all the
populist talk, it doesn't look like our course is changing.

if you think *anyone* can change 8 years of regression is 6 months,
you must have thought you elected Superman. you are being unfair &
totally unrealistic.
also, a President can *suggest* laws and policy, but Congress has to
write it & pass it. Pelosi is obfusicating & dithering. she's a DINO,
a Bush flunkie in a Democrat wrapper. i believe she's from your
state, so you really should work at getting someone with a brain into
her office, instead of blaming the president for the branch of
government he doesn't control.
lee

Old 15-08-2009, 10:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
enigma wrote:

Billy wrote in

u:

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have an articulate and
intelligent person at the helm of state again, but for all the
populist talk, it doesn't look like our course is changing.

if you think *anyone* can change 8 years of regression is 6 months,
you must have thought you elected Superman. you are being unfair &
totally unrealistic.
also, a President can *suggest* laws and policy, but Congress has to
write it & pass it. Pelosi is obfusicating & dithering. she's a DINO,
a Bush flunkie in a Democrat wrapper. i believe she's from your
state, so you really should work at getting someone with a brain into
her office, instead of blaming the president for the branch of
government he doesn't control.
lee

Believe it or not, Pelosi represents San Francisco, and I agree
completely with your characterization of her. Same with one of our
Senators, Diane Feinstein, whose husband has made a fortune from Bush's
Vanity Wars
http://twincities.indymedia.org/2009...der-trader-dia
nne-feinstein-resigns-comm-under-cloud
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl.../13/BUGIJ5JL7E
1.DTL&type=printable

But Obama is commander in chief. He can't end the war, rendition, or
torture?
He can't call for the reinstatement of Glass/Steagal?
He can't call for the reinstatement if the FISA Courts as they were
before Bush?
Many Democrats were elected into office on his coat-tails, they would do
well to listen to his call. He was elected on the basis of change.
Where's the beef?

Poll: 2/3 Americans Support Investigating Bush Crimes
http://www.democracynow.org/2009/2/13/headlines#3

We are now 8 mo. into the Obama Administration and what do we see? Big
Pharma, and health insurance providers will make more money from the
universal health care bill, because of back room deals.

The Health Insurers Have Already Won
http://www.businessweek.com/magazine...3034820260.htm

³You Do Not Cut Deals with the System that Has to Be Replaced²: Ralph
Nader on Secret White House Agreements with the Drug Industry
http://www.democracynow.org/2009/8/1...deals_with_the

There seems to be no end to guaranteed $1M bonuses for bailed out
companies,
and the wars continue . . .
http://www.reuters.com/article/ameri.../idUSN07411579
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/am...136461692.html

Nobody that is going to be the nominee of the Republican or the
Democratic Party, is going to bring change. Those parties have been
preempted by the plutocrats to insure a stable "kleptocracy".

Old 15-08-2009, 10:48 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
enigma wrote:

Billy wrote in

u:

[...]

http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Philo...s/Patterns_of_
Social_and_Political_Interaction

I'm getting a head ache. A good sign I guess.

Bill

--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA