GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Something I found in my garden today (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/186588-something-i-found-my-garden-today.html)

Paul M. Cook 17-08-2009 01:46 AM

Something I found in my garden today

http://i31.tinypic.com/106ixkm.jpg

All my cucumber flowers are 6 petal, a very few are 7. This is unique. I
can find no other 5 point flowers let alone one this amazingly symmetrical.

brooklyn1 17-08-2009 02:09 AM

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message
http://i31.tinypic.com/106ixkm.jpg

All my cucumber flowers are 6 petal, a very few are 7. This is unique. I
can find no other 5 point flowers let alone one this amazingly
symmetrical.

Are there cucumbers on that plant? It doesn't look like a cucumber plant,
looks more like pumpkin, or some other gourd/squash

Paul M. Cook 17-08-2009 02:24 AM

"brooklyn1" wrote in message

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message
http://i31.tinypic.com/106ixkm.jpg

All my cucumber flowers are 6 petal, a very few are 7. This is unique.
I can find no other 5 point flowers let alone one this amazingly
symmetrical.

Are there cucumbers on that plant? It doesn't look like a cucumber plant,
looks more like pumpkin, or some other gourd/squash

I have 3 plants in the same pot and about 3 dozen almost mature cucumbers at
the moment plus many more female flowers. It's a lemon yellow cucumber
plant. You can see an almost mature fruit to the left of the blossom.

Paul