GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Castlewellan Gold (?)dying. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/186807-castlewellan-gold-dying.html)

linda porter 24-08-2009 03:42 PM

Castlewellan Gold (?)dying.

Hi
I set up a post a few days ago regarding one of a pair of Castlewellan Gold(i beleive that is the correct name) which has gone very brown in patches, dispite being looked after well. The other tree is fine. Since posting, a friend suggested an aphid that carries a virus may be the cause??? Something they had heard, and didnt have any other information...Does any-one know anything about this, and if there is anything I can do to save my tree. Any help much much appricated.
thanks
Linda

mleblanca 24-08-2009 11:02 PM

Castlewellan Gold (?)dying.

--
linda porter

FYI
For those of you who are wondering (as i was) Castlewellan Gold
is a variety of Cupressocyparis leylandii or Leyland Cypress

Emilie

FarmI 25-08-2009 01:22 PM

Castlewellan Gold (?)dying.

"linda porter" wrote in message

Hi
I set up a post a few days ago regarding one of a pair of Castlewellan
Gold(i beleive that is the correct name) which has gone very brown in
patches, dispite being looked after well. The other tree is fine. Since
posting, a friend suggested an aphid that carries a virus may be the
cause??? Something they had heard, and didnt have any other
information...Does any-one know anything about this, and if there is
anything I can do to save my tree. Any help much much appricated.
thanks

Beth Chatto had that bug in her trees I seem to recall. One of her books
(the one where she converts her car park into a dry garden) has lots of info
on it and how she treated it if I recall correctly.