GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What to plant (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/186884-what-plant.html)

Paul 27-08-2009 07:19 PM

What to plant

Need some suggestions. I have an area, 8'X12', that I am wanting to use for
some kind of garden. I am in the San Bernardino area of So. Cal. Hot, Hot,
in the summer, winter is mild, may see a 30-32 deg. once in a while. The
spot is on the east side of the house, full sun most of the day. I am
thinking a few tall cactus, some other plants that can stand the full summer
sun without a lot of water. Needs to be manageable for trimming so it
doesn't get out of control for the small space. Your suggestions welcome.
Thanks.

--
Paul O.

Phisherman[_3_] 28-08-2009 04:10 AM

What to plant

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 11:19:29 -0700, "Paul" wrote:

Need some suggestions. I have an area, 8'X12', that I am wanting to use for
some kind of garden. I am in the San Bernardino area of So. Cal. Hot, Hot,
in the summer, winter is mild, may see a 30-32 deg. once in a while. The
spot is on the east side of the house, full sun most of the day. I am
thinking a few tall cactus, some other plants that can stand the full summer
sun without a lot of water. Needs to be manageable for trimming so it
doesn't get out of control for the small space. Your suggestions welcome.
Thanks.

Iceplant (sedums). There are several varieties and colors.