GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Banana tree leaves turn brown! Why? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/18743-banana-tree-leaves-turn-brown-why.html)

TOM KAN PA 27-04-2003 08:08 PM

Banana tree leaves turn brown! Why?

I have a banana tree growing in a pot. It's about 12" high. After the new leaf
matures, the tip turns brown. And I don't mean just the very end tip, it's
about 1/4 to 1/3 of the end of the leaf. How can I prevent this?

BOB 27-04-2003 09:08 PM

"TOM KAN PA" wrote in message

I have a banana tree growing in a pot. It's about 12" high. After the
new leaf matures, the tip turns brown. And I don't mean just the very
end tip, it's about 1/4 to 1/3 of the end of the leaf. How can I
prevent this?

Indoors?
Outdoors? If outdoors, what area?

My first thought would be cold or even frost, but all my bananas grow
outdoors in Central Florida.

BOB

TOM KAN PA 27-04-2003 09:44 PM

Banana tree leaves turn brown! Why?

Subject: Banana tree leaves turn brown! Why?
From: " BOB"
Indoors?
____Reply Separator_____
Yes, in the winter (After Labor Day)

Outdoors?
____Reply Separator_____

Yes, in the summer (After Memorial Day)

If outdoors, what area?
____Reply Separator_____
Zone 5/6 Western Pa.
After looking on the internet, I'm not sure it's a banana tree. It doesn't have
those palm like leaves. I guess I should take a picture of it and try to get it
identified.