GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Improving the gardening experience for the retired gardener (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/187535-improving-gardening-experience-retired-gardener.html)

andrewcastle 30-09-2009 08:44 PM

Improving the gardening experience for the retired gardener

Hello,

My name is Andrew Castle and I am a final year student studying Product Design Engineering at the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow. I am just about to start a project titled: "Improving the gardening experience for the retired gardener". I have done some early user research and found that there is a gap in the market for a product, which could help bending/kneeling while planting or weeding. The reason why have posted today is I was wondering if there is any willing gardeners who would like to help me with some user research. I am not sure what exact research I am going to do yet but most likely be observation, interviews, questionnaires etc. I live in Glasgow and have access to a car so anywhere in the surrounding area would be perfect. People who don't live in central Scotland can still be very helpful as i still would be able to perform telephone questionnaires/surveys etc.

Thanks and if anyone is interested, you can send me an email at: or leave a message below.

Look forward to hearing from people

Andrew

andrewcastle 08-10-2009 08:39 PM

Hi Guys,

I have designed a questionnaire which will help me with my project. I would be very grateful if I could get some respondents which would help me refine a my thoughts

The .doc file can be found at:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...VnNCSWMwTVE9PQ

Just 'copy and paste' the link in your browser and you will be taken to a page where you can download the file.

My email address is on the form

Thanks :)

Andrew

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 12-10-2009 12:27 AM

andrewcastle wrote:
Hi Guys,

I have designed a questionnaire which will help me with my project. I
would be very grateful if I could get some respondents which would
help me refine a my thoughts

The .doc file can be found at:

http://tinyurl.com/yzmgkzh

broken

andrewcastle 15-10-2009 02:04 PM

Hi Guys

Massive apologies for the broken link. I have reposted now and it should work

Here is the link:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...VnNCSWMwTVE9PQ

If you still cant get it, email me on and I will forward on the questionnaire

Sorry again and look forward to hearing from you guys!

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Hare-Scott[_2_] (Post 866852)

andrewcastle 15-10-2009 02:19 PM

email is

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewcastle (Post 867098)

andrewcastle 15-10-2009 03:33 PM

Right it seems yousendit is useless.

I am using this now:

http://cid-98e664a05d9a0598.skydrive...stionnaire.doc

Should be able to get the file from here. Just click on the document image

Thanks

Andrew

andrewcastle 17-10-2009 08:41 PM

Actually reposted in another location and said that my initial domain wasn't working. I have no reposted as you obviously didn't notice. no need for the remark I think, just asking for some help...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balvenieman[_2_] (Post 867116)