Old 28-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Registered User

Default Need help identifying seedings

Can anyone tell me what these seedlings are please?

Old 29-10-2009, 02:01 AM posted to rec.gardens

Gumbert writes:

D Can anyone tell me what these seedlings are please?

[image: http://i35.tinypic.com/bexy7n.jpg]
[image: http://i37.tinypic.com/elb7df.jpg]

They're seedlings.

The odds of anyone identifying a plant at that stage of
growth are close to zero.
Old 29-10-2009, 02:07 AM posted to rec.gardens
DEM DEM is offline

They're apple seedlings. Give them a chance....you may
be surprised!

Donna
in WA

--
Gumbert

Old 29-10-2009, 02:57 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 16:02:59 +0000, Gumbert
wrote:

Can anyone tell me what these seedlings are please?

[image: http://i35.tinypic.com/bexy7n.jpg]
[image: http://i37.tinypic.com/elb7df.jpg]

Dahlia, maybe?
Old 29-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Registered User

Hi, thanks for the responses. I don't think they're apple or dahlias. Although the leaves are serrated, they have quite rounded edges teeth, unlike apple and dahlias.

If it helps, the leaves have pronounced veins near the base of the leaf, and subtler ones further up, which I don't think is that common in plants. The leaves are covered in fine hairs, though you can't see in the pics but they are quite fuzzy.

I got the seeds in one of those dodgy "educational" sets, where you're giving a plant, some compost and a small pot. They were labelled as catnip, though they're definitely not lol