GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Catus (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/188526-catus.html)

Paul 05-12-2009 09:00 PM

Catus

Last summer when I planted a catus I welled up the dirt around it. Now I'm
wondering, since we are expecting some rain here in So. Cal. over the next
week and possibly a pretty good rainy season, if I should fill in around the
catus and make it so water runs off more naturally so it does not get to
much water soaking in? Will the dirt filled in, which will cover probably
about the first 3 inches of the catus stalk out of the ground hurt it?
Thanks.

--
Paul O.

zxcvbob 05-12-2009 09:12 PM

Catus

Paul wrote:
Last summer when I planted a catus I welled up the dirt around it. Now
I'm wondering, since we are expecting some rain here in So. Cal. over
the next week and possibly a pretty good rainy season, if I should fill
in around the catus and make it so water runs off more naturally so it
does not get to much water soaking in? Will the dirt filled in, which
will cover probably about the first 3 inches of the catus stalk out of
the ground hurt it? Thanks.

Are you talking about a cactus, such as Opuntia imbricata, or a
housecat (Felis catus)?

Bob

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 06-12-2009 12:07 AM

Catus

zxcvbob wrote:
Paul wrote:
Last summer when I planted a catus I welled up the dirt around it.
Now I'm wondering, since we are expecting some rain here in So. Cal.
over the next week and possibly a pretty good rainy season, if I
should fill in around the catus and make it so water runs off more
naturally so it does not get to much water soaking in? Will the dirt
filled in, which will cover probably about the first 3 inches of the
catus stalk out of the ground hurt it? Thanks.

Are you talking about a cactus, such as Opuntia imbricata, or a
housecat (Felis catus)?

Bob

I have found that when you plant a catus it is a good idea to put some heavy
rocks on top to ensure that the canis doesn't disinter it and bring it home.

David

Paul 06-12-2009 03:22 AM

Catus

ok guys, ok. :-) It is a cactus. For a minute there I couldn't figure what
you were talking about.

Paul O.

--
Paul O.

Phisherman[_3_] 06-12-2009 02:22 PM

Catus

On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 19:22:16 -0800, "Paul" wrote:

ok guys, ok. :-) It is a cactus. For a minute there I couldn't figure what
you were talking about.

Paul O.

In that case put a half inch layer of coarse sand around the plant.
Make sure the drainage is fast.