GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What are these plants, and how do I not kill them! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/188911-what-these-plants-how-do-i-not-kill-them.html)

Stuart101 31-12-2009 12:31 PM

What are these plants, and how do I not kill them!

4 Attachment(s)
Hi, you'll probably guess from the title of this thread that I know next to nothing about gardening! I bought my first house in August, which has a small front yard.

On the front wall is some kind of creeper, a clamatis I'm told but I'm not sure.

In the corner is some kind of bush with flowers.

I've attached pictures of both.

Firstly, what are these plants?

Secondly, what should I do with them for winter. The photos were taken two weeks ago before the cold weather set in here in Belfast. Both are looking a lot more unsightly now. I assume they just need pruned? How much do I prune off, I obviously don't want to kill them. Any advice grealt appreciated.