GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fungus on beech tree (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/189288-fungus-beech-tree.html)

jaxnfinn 25-01-2010 12:34 PM

Fungus on beech tree

I have a 150ft beech tree in my back garden which has a preservation order on it. however we have recently had the Council officer around who is concerned about the Fungi growing on the base. We are getting a surveyor around to complete a proper in depth report. However if the worse is to happen and we need to remove it we are being quoted £2-3000 pounds. The trunk of the main tree is solid and straight so I am wondering if there would be people who may remove it and uitilise the beech wood keeping the costs down of felling it?
I live in Devon so if anyone has any personal recommendations I would appreciated them.