GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   deer don't eat pawpaws (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/189395-deer-dont-eat-pawpaws.html)

[email protected] 02-02-2010 06:20 PM

deer don't eat pawpaws

I have three young pawpaw trees in my back yard (none have borne fruit yet
- too young to flower.) I got them mail order (Edible Landscaping, Stark
Bros., or Miller - I forget which.) They're native to much of the U.S.,
apparently, and deer don't eat the leaves or twigs.

Anyone else grow them? Have you gotten fruit?

Phisherman[_3_] 04-02-2010 11:57 AM

deer don't eat pawpaws

On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 13:20:49 -0500, wrote:

I have three young pawpaw trees in my back yard (none have borne fruit yet
- too young to flower.) I got them mail order (Edible Landscaping, Stark
Bros., or Miller - I forget which.) They're native to much of the U.S.,
apparently, and deer don't eat the leaves or twigs.

Anyone else grow them? Have you gotten fruit?

Deer won't eat them, but the raccoons will.