Old 28-02-2010, 08:44 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Growing Tobacco

"Charlie" wrote in message
On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 20:10:43 -0500, Bill who putters
wrote:

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 19:52:54 -0500, "The Henchman"
wrote:

"Phisherman" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 12:12:06 -0500, brooklyn1
I don't know why any intelligent person would want to grow tobacco
but
it's done all the time.
http://www.growtobacco.net/

Tobacco is evil. My federal health care plan is simple and cost
nothing: No more tobacco.

I've heard it called "The native American Indian's revenge to white
man."

Tobacco taxes more than pay for government insured health care. It's
the
lack of tax on Doritos and Big Macs that make government backed health
insurance schemes costly.

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ed...s/2009/09/19/s
oda_tax_its_the_real_thing/

How about a tax on each bottle of soda also?

Money talks (so says the supreme court)

Charlie

Just as long as masturbation falls under the tax mans radar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sin_tax

Bill

OMG, you're a wicked feller, to make me pee a little like this.
Perhaps we should impose a tax upon you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk9kDbRIEvg

Charlie

yup! haven't seen you for a while charles.

rob

Old 28-02-2010, 09:12 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article , Charlie wrote:

Now that I think about it, I wonder if LeftCoastBilly even owns a coat
and shoes.

Charlie

Well I once thought of it but it has always fallen thru the cracks.
March 6 I'm 62 and my kids are giving me a pair of high tech snow shoes.
I got waders and 3 ft. High boots but I need to get about and knock
snow off a lot of plants. Ticker issues. Failed miserably this year.

Never seen it like this and had the driveway plowed 4 times first time
in 35 years I did not dig out. El Nino and Al Gore may be on to
something.
More comfort food this night. Still the power never whimpered and
that is wonderful. Just found out oldest 35 got a ring last night looks
like three weddings in the next year. When it rains it pours. We are
HAPPY.

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Old 01-03-2010, 08:07 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article , Charlie wrote:

Ticker issues trump snow issues and that just might not be considered
failure, just prudence and adaptation to realities.

Yes but I still think I will live forever. Just in from moving some
snow mixed with driveway stone. Looks like a touch up in spring is in
order.

More comfort food this night.

? Gonna make me guess ?

Spaghetti Carbonara

1Whole egg and one yoke
Mixed with Hard Italian cheese Parmesan Romano type
Should look like boiled corn meal mush Yellow

Bacon or Panchetta 1/5 lb.
Heavy Cream i/4 or 1/2 cup

4 tablespoons of butter

Cook Bacon and leave some fat add some heavy cream

Boil your pasta I lb. Drain

Add butter to hot pasta Melt
Add egg and gratted cheese Move around to cook
Add Bacon and cream Mix

Some cheese to top with

Serve with bread and wine

Your backup get going yet?

Gas fireplace part on order.

This looks neat but $2000

http://www.amazon.com/Generac-5501-A...nerator/dp/B00
1DZNDFK/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1267470264&sr=8-14

Have your dancin' shoes ready?

Dancing fool. Frank went way too soon!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trqfeg-5Duo

Blessings upon you, my Brother.
Charlie

You take care Best!

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Old 01-03-2010, 08:11 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

In article , Charlie wrote:

[...]

Error should be 1/2 lb. bacon or Panchetta. Panchetta worth price. BTW

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Old 04-03-2010, 05:29 PM posted to rec.gardens

its the sugar and carbs that will kill you. not just stop support for corn syrup,
tax the hell out of it. Ingrid

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 19:52:54 -0500, "The Henchman" wrote:
Tobacco taxes more than pay for government insured health care. It's the
lack of tax on Doritos and Big Macs that make government backed health
insurance schemes costly.

Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake Michigan
on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago

Old 04-03-2010, 05:34 PM posted to rec.gardens

just get TMV free seed. it is just as likely that the tomatoes, etc will carry it to
the tobacco. actually it takes a lot of mechanical damage to introduce. tobacco
must be hand suckered to get nice big leaves.

and BTW, the sheds are opened during "casing weather" or during the Jan thaw so the
leaves can absorb enough moisture so they can be packed without breaking.
Ingrid

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 16:18:52 -0700, "gloria.p" wrote:

EVP MAN wrote:
As the price of tobacco products shoot sky high it seems more people are
taking an interest in growing their own. I'm considering a dozen or two
plants this spring myself.

If you or a nearby neighbor has a garden that grows tomatoes, please
don't grow tobacco. It often carries the tobacco mosaic virus which
will transmit to tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, some flowers and other
food crops.

gloria p