GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hollytone (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/191318-hollytone.html)

starrysmile 05-05-2010 06:24 PM

Hollytone

Is there a particular time to apply this to azaleas and rhodies? My
azaleas are finished blooming and the rhodies have just started to
bloom. I'm in zone 7. Thank you.

Phisherman[_3_] 07-05-2010 07:22 PM

Hollytone

On Wed, 5 May 2010 10:24:25 -0700 (PDT), starrysmile
wrote:

Is there a particular time to apply this to azaleas and rhodies? My
azaleas are finished blooming and the rhodies have just started to
bloom. I'm in zone 7. Thank you.

Apply after they bloom per package directions. You may wish to prune
them if desired (within a month after blooming). They appreciate
mulch to keep the roots cool during the summer heat.

After 18 years I yanked all my azaleas out, what was left of them
after the deer destroyed most of it.