GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Overseeding my Lawn --HELP (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/191357-overseeding-my-lawn-help.html)

smileyGrass 07-05-2010 03:47 PM

Overseeding my Lawn --HELP

Hello please forgive me ive been living in my house for 3 years now and not really bothered with the garden now ive got the urged to make it look good.

Im am quit surprised how complex some aspects are , now im a complete novice but i would like to overseed the lawn as its balding and not looking ver healthy could someone help me with the following

.Which Seed ? im in Ashford kent my garden is 90 percent in the sun
ive read alot about getting the right seed to suit your climate

should i fertilize before seeding or just simply spread the seeds without any extras

the house is only 3 years old and like many new garden the builders didnt exactly spend long preparing so u dig down 7 inches u hit the rubble etc

im sorry im a complete novice , ive search the net for an idiot guide to overseeding just cant find anything

any help is much appreciated