GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Zuke's new leaves dying (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/191998-zukes-new-leaves-dying.html)

Paul M. Cook 06-06-2010 09:30 PM

Zuke's new leaves dying

As the new leaves emerge from the crown, they are nice and green but quickly
the edges turn brown and then the whole thing dies within a couple days.
What could be causing this? I read overwatering could do this but they are
in very well drained soil and get water every 2 days. My moisture meter
shows dry by that time. I have 2 of them in a 24 inch pot with 2 cubic feet
of soil. They are on their 4th leaves each right now. I notice my cukes are
doing the same thing but they have far more healthy growth than dying so
they are starting to grow quite rapidly. Same watering schedule. Days have
been hiugh 80s and nights low 60s.

Should I abandon the zukes?