GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Old type lawnmower with roller? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/192065-old-type-lawnmower-roller.html)

Fred Williams[_2_] 09-06-2010 03:18 PM

Old type lawnmower with roller?

Looking for something like..
http://www.cleanairgardening.com/greensmower.html
...but not so sophisticated, more like the push lawnmower
my folks had back in the 50's, that had a roller and
detachable box for collecting the grass clippings. It also
had an easy to adjust height setting for the cutters.

Would love the cut the front lawn (the only one that is
square) in alternate directions to give it that striped
look. You can't do that the a reel (no roller) or rotary
cutter.

Fred

email: http://www3.bell.net/alanji/illeman.htm

OhioGuy 18-06-2010 03:35 PM

Old type lawnmower with roller?

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...0070921x00003a

There you go - McLane 4 horsepower, $480 with the current $90 rebate.
I almost bought this for my yard this Spring.