GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   me no green finger (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/192103-me-no-green-finger.html)

Sandyb 11-06-2010 06:47 PM

me no green finger

4 Attachment(s)
hi all

new gardener

and not doing very well

can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong

plants are in pots and some indoor some out

feed with miracle grow about once ever 2 weeks

plants seem to be dieing off at tips and different kinds so know I am doing somthing wrong

have attached some pictures

can anyone help?

[email protected] 11-06-2010 09:58 PM

me no green finger

Sandyb writes:

hi all

new gardener

and not doing very well

can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong

plants are in pots and some indoor some out

feed with miracle grow about once ever 2 weeks

plants seem to be dieing off at tips and different kinds so know I am
doing somthing wrong

Too much fertilizer.
The plants will look scorched.

Re-read the directions on the Miracle Grow.

You can grow a plant for years with no fertilizer at all.

Tony 12-06-2010 12:47 AM

me no green finger

wrote:
Sandyb writes:

hi all

new gardener

and not doing very well

can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong

plants are in pots and some indoor some out

feed with miracle grow about once ever 2 weeks

plants seem to be dieing off at tips and different kinds so know I am
doing somthing wrong

Too much fertilizer.
The plants will look scorched.

Re-read the directions on the Miracle Grow.

You can grow a plant for years with no fertilizer at all.

I agree, Sandy. Especially with the plants being indoors, once every
three months is PLENTY often enough for the Miracle Grow. Put them in
the tub with little blocks of wood or something under the pot edges to
support them and keep the bottom free. Then give them a good soak, and
let all the excess run out. Repeat it an hour later, and let it all run
out again. That will wash out a lot of the fertilizer. Then put them
back, make sure they get decent light, and DO NOT fertilize them again
for at least three months.

Tony M.

zxcvbob 12-06-2010 06:09 AM

me no green finger

Sandyb wrote:
hi all

new gardener

and not doing very well

can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong

Green fingers, lol. http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi1949172505/

Bob