GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How to strike holly (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/192236-how-strike-holly.html)

Gen Banks 19-06-2010 09:23 PM

How to strike holly

Hi there, my name is Gen

I have a question that I hoped somebody here could help me with.

I would like to know how to strike holly, can I simply cut branches from
a large tree and put them in soil, water them and wait, or should I use some
sort of rooting powder or liquid, I read somewhere ages ago that they
can be bad for you if the get on your skin or something.

I'm not sure and I couldnt find out with google so I thought I'd try here
as I'm a bit of a new gardener, I'd like to make a hedge out of the cuttings.

Thanks a lot in advance :)