GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   i have a 4 foot window box and... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/192524-i-have-4-foot-window-box.html)

Boothbay 05-07-2010 08:36 PM

i have a 4 foot window box and...

the depth and width is very narrow. it has a south exposure, and i
have those deadhead petunias that force me to constantly water it and
pluck out the dead flowers in order to rebloom. any recommendation of
what i could put in that box, that would be pretty and heat tolerant?
Also, would like to add some kind of stringy vine to it if possible

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 06-07-2010 01:05 AM

i have a 4 foot window box and...

boothbay wrote:
the depth and width is very narrow. it has a south exposure, and i
have those deadhead petunias that force me to constantly water it and
pluck out the dead flowers in order to rebloom. any recommendation of
what i could put in that box, that would be pretty and heat tolerant?
Also, would like to add some kind of stringy vine to it if possible

You might find a flowering succulent that is more tolerant of heat and
drying out than petunias and other annuals. I am thinking of things like
mesembyanthemum or kalanchoe.

David