Old 09-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Registered User

Default Hi and.. Evergreen, does it work?

Hello everyone, my first post is a question!
Last week I used some of that Evergreen lawn feed, it promises - in fact it guarantees to green up your lawn in 3 days...well I measured bits of lawn, weighed out the correct amount for each bit, watered it all in with the sprinkler, and 3 days later..... nothing Is there something I should know? Or can anyone recommend a better lawn feed?

Cheers
Old 17-07-2010, 02:29 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 17:16:28 +0000, Twiggy
wrote:

Hello everyone, my first post is a question!
Last week I used some of that Evergreen lawn feed, it promises - in fact
it guarantees to green up your lawn in 3 days...well I measured bits of
lawn, weighed out the correct amount for each bit, watered it all in
with the sprinkler, and 3 days later..... nothing Is there something
I should know? Or can anyone recommend a better lawn feed?

It's the iron that makes the grass greener. How much iron is in the
Evergreen lawn feed?

I mostly use lawn sand.

How's the lawn now there's been some rain?

Steven
--
You're a great friend, but if the zombies chase us I'm tripping you.

www.baldman.org.uk
Old 06-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Registered User

It is right that Iron helps greenup but it's the Nirogen that makes the lawn green.

Evergreen will only work if the conditions are right. It will not work if the weather is to cold or to dry. the sprinkle with the hose at the time of application will not be enough to ensure the evergreen works.

I would advise to be sure that the evergreen is just a lawn fertilizer as weed and feed or 3in1 products are far less successful.

Use a lawn feed and then use a weed killer if required and only when the lawn
is healthy.

Lawn sand is a good product but for use on moss rather than feeding the lawn.
__________________
UK Turf Suppliers
Turf
Lawn Turf
Turf Suppliers

[IMG] code is On

Slugs and Gravel: Does it work? Koscha United Kingdom 11 18-03-2008 07:23 PM
Work, Work, Work Hud Edible Gardening 21 10-05-2007 01:23 AM
Does Burpee Evergreen Long White Bunching Onion multiply? James Edible Gardening 0 20-05-2005 08:20 PM
"Evergreen" Pulmonaria not truly evergreen in warm latitudes? LanscpHort Gardening 3 29-02-2004 03:42 PM
Evergreen Maxi Spreader and Evergreen weed and feed. Steve S United Kingdom 0 13-04-2003 09:32 PM