GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How to root shrubs? ? ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/193228-how-root-shrubs.html)

Ray[_3_] 13-08-2010 10:33 PM

How to root shrubs? ? ?

I am trying to root shoots from an osmanthus fragrens (tea olive or sweet
olive) by staking a lower branch into the ground.

How long should it remain there before cutting from the main trunk and
replanting in a pot?

DanielK 22-08-2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray[_3_] (Post 897264)
I am trying to root shoots from an osmanthus fragrens (tea olive or sweet
olive) by staking a lower branch into the ground.

How long should it remain there before cutting from the main trunk and
replanting in a pot?

I think it should remain there for a couple of days :)