GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Topiary (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/193573-topiary.html)

rj123 04-09-2010 11:27 PM

Topiary

Hi, I am a new member to this forum, could anyone tell me where I can purchase a Lingustrum Jonandrum privet plant, ( not a formed topiary) so I can take cuttings and train them myself, all I can see in nurseries are expensive formed plants.

gloria.p 05-09-2010 04:12 AM

Topiary

rj123 wrote:
Hi, I am a new member to this forum, could anyone tell me where I can
purchase a Lingustrum Jonandrum privet plant, ( not a formed topiary) so
I can take cuttings and train them myself, all I can see in nurseries
are expensive formed plants.

If you don't find a source, I'd ask a nursery to order one for you from
their supplier. DO ask the cost before you actually place an order.
I'd hate to pay "formed" price for an untrimmed plant.

gloria p

songbird[_2_] 06-09-2010 05:46 PM

Topiary

rj123 wrote:

Hi, I am a new member to this forum, could anyone tell me where I can
purchase a Lingustrum Jonandrum privet plant, ( not a formed topiary)
so I can take cuttings and train them myself, all I can see in
nurseries are expensive formed plants.

ask someone, nicely, if they would let you
take a few cuttings from an inconspicuous
location.

songbird