Old 29-09-2010, 05:22 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default New Garden equipment for your use

In article , Brooklyn1

My one reservation about Grass Stitcher is plastic teeth. The only
Amazon review complains of them breaking.

While I agree that $99 is not an astronomical sum these days, it is
clearly above average for such manual tools and the use of plastic is
perplexing.

The company reps have explained to me that their special plastic is
more suitable than metal. That metal was tried first and chipped or
broke. Sure, but they must have used cheap metal. When I look at the
best industrial practices---agricultural equipment, construction
equipment, pruners, drills, etc., they all use metal rather than
plastic---it just doesn't make sense.

BTW, re Mantis, you mentioned the dethatching "attachment". So there is
a main unit this attaches to. How much does that cost? Is it gas
powered? My apologies, but I have no experience with anything but
simple manual equipment. Does it make sense for an urban lawn_garden
totaling no more than 1500 sq ft?
Old 30-09-2010, 07:51 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article , Newbie
wrote:

[...]

I fear that you need to keep on Googling, and keep reading until, at
least, the sites start to repeat themselves.
--
- Billy
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/7/2/maude