Old 29-09-2010, 07:07 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default OT...Shen Yun Performing Arts

http://www.shenyunperformingarts.org/videos

I'm looking at Feb 22 in Philadelphia.

A true break in our winter blues I hope.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q0JfdP36kI

Old 30-09-2010, 03:03 AM posted to rec.gardens

saw them in NC. they are good, but there is a strong anti-communist
chinese message in thier work, so just be prepared.

Old 30-09-2010, 11:04 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

http://www.shenyunperformingarts.org/videos

I'm looking at Feb 22 in Philadelphia.

A true break in our winter blues I hope.

Thanks for the observation . I thought these folks were from mainland
china but with the winds of china and USA shifting I may have to study
more. If they are from Taiwan and claim to portray classical china
bogus would be a word to use. Like Israel and Palestine many words and
it disturbs me that the arts are used to push propaganda. But are that
not always.
I love what I think portrays ancient mind but my vision is no doubt
clouded. Still I trust some translations dealing with Chinese thought
guess as it rings true and gives an image of life that resonates in the
garden and what being a scholar can be.

Su Tungpo poem

Pu suan tzu

A fragment moon hangs from the bare tung tree
The water clock runs out, all is still
Who sees the dim figure come and go alone
Misty, indistinct, the shadow of a lone wild goose?

Startled, she gets up, looks back
With longing no one sees
And will not settle on any of the cold branches
Along the chill and lonely beach

Su Tung-po