Old 11-10-2010, 10:00 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Que pasa?

What is HAPPENING to our beloved garden group? So much obscene and
other trash I found upon returning from a brief trip. Please folks,
find yourself another forum!
Old 12-10-2010, 02:39 AM posted to rec.gardens

Higgs Boson writes:

What is HAPPENING to our beloved garden group? So much obscene and
other trash I found upon returning from a brief trip. Please folks,
find yourself another forum!

Get off Google Groups and the problem solves itself.

Try a real Usenet server.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:08 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 12 Oct 2010, "David Hare-Scott" wrote in
rec.gardens:

Please tell us how that makes any difference to the content of
what is posted.

Most well-run news services filter out much of the spam, and a decent
newsreader will allow you to filter out much of what's left.

Most of the spam originates at Google Groups itself, and they refuse to
do anything about it. If you use their service, you are supporting
their support of that spam.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:38 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Nil wrote:

On 12 Oct 2010, "David Hare-Scott" wrote in
rec.gardens:

Please tell us how that makes any difference to the content of
what is posted.

Most well-run news services filter out much of the spam, and a decent
newsreader will allow you to filter out much of what's left.

Most of the spam originates at Google Groups itself, and they refuse to
do anything about it. If you use their service, you are supporting
their support of that spam.

I agree and can't imagine using usenet with out filters. Just not kill
files of people BTW but threads or words I find trivial. I have maybe
some guy or gal trying to sell me shoes or sex drugs twice a week. ))
In Mail I use spamsieve and my provider kills much in barracuda.
Killed Charlie too till I finessed it. So be careful with killing stuff
and ruthless othertimes sometimes.
On the other hand I can filter friends as a must read.

P.S. Just killed four stink bugs.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
http://www.informationisbeautiful.ne...l-supplements/

[IMG] code is On

hola qué tal [email protected] Ponds 0 27-12-2007 06:52 PM
Chaque fois que vous parrainez un(e) ami(e) obtenez instantanément 1 code d'accès gratuit loliekate Ponds (alternative) 0 24-02-2006 04:07 PM
QUE: Pumpkin problems Eigenvector Gardening 2 24-07-2003 06:22 PM