Old 02-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Registered User

Default raised beds

since raising my flower beds i find i can now grow so many more flowers and i now find i do not have so many weeds.i used log roll and then filled with top soil .drainage is better and i now find gardening is easier.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:56 PM posted to rec.gardens

dianegreenwood wrote:
since raising my flower beds i find i can now grow so many more
flowers and i now find i do not have so many weeds.i used log roll
and then filled with top soil .drainage is better and i now find
gardening is easier.

I am not sure why the weeds would be less, perhaps because access to
removing them is easier so you do it more often and with less effort.. Many
gardeners do find that raised beds are very advantageous especially for high
value produce like vegetables or flowers. What do mean by "log roll"?

David

Old 04-11-2010, 09:42 AM
Registered User

I prefer raised beds, as you say easier access and i think slugs etc find it more difficult to get to the plants...
Artificial Grass - This is now compulsory for me...