GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   _the earth moved_ by amy stewart (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/194431-_the-earth-moved_-amy-stewart.html)

songbird[_2_] 13-11-2010 06:35 PM

_the earth moved_ by amy stewart

a light read, well worth the time
and a change of pace from other fare.

songbird

Bill who putters 13-11-2010 07:16 PM

_the earth moved_ by amy stewart

In article ,
songbird wrote:

a light read, well worth the time
and a change of pace from other fare.

songbird

Not read it but it maybe dark and dirty. On my list.

http://thurly.net/0ars

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
http://www.informationisbeautiful.ne...l-supplements/

Billy[_10_] 14-11-2010 12:12 AM

songbird wrote:

a light read, well worth the time
and a change of pace from other fare.

songbird

240 pages? A light read? Are there pictures at least?

Save the Forest Humus
--
- Billy
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/7/2/maude

songbird[_2_] 15-11-2010 12:16 AM

_the earth moved_ by amy stewart

Billy wrote:
In article ,
songbird wrote:

a light read, well worth the time
and a change of pace from other fare.

240 pages? A light read? Are there pictures at least?

a very light read compared to the biology
textbooks, fungi textbooks, etc. i've been
burrowing through the past six months. though
i must admit i did detour for a few weeks and
read the John Sandford prey series of seventeen
books for a few weeks.

i finished _the earth moved_ in a few hours
time. i'm sure it's very fluffy compared to
_eaaarth_, etc.

Save the Forest Humus

you betcha! she even has a chapter on
that issue...

songbird

Billy[_10_] 16-11-2010 12:14 AM

_the earth moved_ by amy stewart

In article ,
songbird wrote:

Billy wrote:
In article ,
songbird wrote:

a light read, well worth the time
and a change of pace from other fare.

240 pages? A light read? Are there pictures at least?

a very light read compared to the biology
textbooks, fungi textbooks, etc. i've been
burrowing through the past six months. though
i must admit i did detour for a few weeks and
read the John Sandford prey series of seventeen
books for a few weeks.

i finished _the earth moved_ in a few hours
time. i'm sure it's very fluffy compared to
_eaaarth_, etc.

Eaarth, in my opinion, doesn't have much to offer. What it does have is
good, and primarily found in Ch. 4 (60 pages), which I think could use
some pruning too.