Old 15-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Registered User

Default Mycorrhizae - The Benefits

Hi all,

Whos heard of mycorrhizae and what it does?

Had some great results with this increasing growth rates and improving strength and water drought stress.

Thought i would share a really easy to understand video on how it works and the benefits

Video: Symbio - Mycorrhizae in your soil von Daniel - Myspace Video

Have a look and please give feedback
Old 16-11-2010, 12:54 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Dan_Symbio wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/38qop8f

Nice graphics. Everything presented was true. Mycorrhizae are a good
reason to practice no dig gardening. They exist naturally, so there is
no reason to buy them, except for potted plants planted in sterilized
soil.
--
- Billy
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/7/2/maude
Old 16-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Registered User

Hi Billy,

For sure they are natrually occuring but as you say sterile soil needs to be reinoculated with mycorrhizal fungi.

They are brilliant when planting new plants, flowers, vegetables and trees to give them a kick start by increasing their rootzone surface area allowing them access to more nutrients and water
Old 17-02-2011, 02:14 PM
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Symbio View Post
Hi Billy,

For sure they are natrually occuring but as you say sterile soil needs to be reinoculated with mycorrhizal fungi.

They are brilliant when planting new plants, flowers, vegetables and trees to give them a kick start by increasing their rootzone surface area allowing them access to more nutrients and water
----------------------
I've been using Mycorrhizals in our garden for almost one year. Initially I spotted the 'fairy dust' at a trade show, back in the Autumn of 2009, the illustrations of treated V untreated plants were amazing. Spring last year, I bought numerous packets in a garden centre sale. It appeared to be a slow seller inspite of video marketing in store. I find the product excellent, well worth the money, especially when I add - the advice, for LESS DIGGING. The American operation 'Mycorrhizal Applications Inc' has a superb website and they are really clued up with the application of friendly fungi, also list plants that benefit from applications.
WARNING:- I developed a fungal nail (2) infection early Summer 2010. Never had a problem in 50 years of gardening at any level. Cannot be sure mycorrhizals not involved, since the medical lab (unusually) could not indentify the fungi variety! BUT I NOW always wear rubber gloves when working in my garden which contains hundreds of innoculated plants. Using Mycorrhizals constantly now, latest treatment -a Fraser Fir - root proximity fungi solution injection - a new specimen initially planted untreated, as fungi supplies had run out. From experience I expect to see developments in 4-8 weeks. All latest new clematis have also been treated following advice from Mycorrhizal Applications tech crew.
Please note ALL my friendly fungi has been purchased in UK , the packets declare UK origin while one packet mentioned 'China'. However, whether this
eludes to the packet, packed in China or produced in China ? -I do not know!
My current packets declare '100% UK produce.'
PS Nothing against Chinese manufacture - almost always fantastic value for money.
SamWoerth Preston UK

[IMG] code is On

anyone using mycorrhizae? Emery Davis United Kingdom 14 19-05-2009 08:24 PM
[IBC] mycorrhizae Tlsrider Bonsai 9 24-03-2004 04:53 AM
[IBC] mycorrhizae Tlsrider Bonsai 0 24-03-2004 02:54 AM
benefits of life John Jones sci.agriculture 1 07-06-2003 05:08 AM
Any benefits of adding coffee grounds into veg garden soil? Wayne Redick Edible Gardening 3 28-04-2003 12:08 AM