Old 22-11-2010, 07:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

Default IDNature guides

http://www.discoverlife.org/nh/id/

Stumbled here note the cross post.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

Old 22-11-2010, 09:14 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

Bill who putters wrote:
http://www.discoverlife.org/nh/id/

Stumbled here note the cross post.

Very nice :-)

Rather north America centred :-(

David
Old 22-11-2010, 09:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Bill who putters wrote:
http://www.discoverlife.org/nh/id/

Stumbled here note the cross post.

Very nice :-)

Rather north America centred :-(

David

Yes North America centered can you find similar effort up your way ?

Dreamroads 5:42 David Hudson Gunyal World AAC audio file 60
1998

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

Old 22-11-2010, 10:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

"Bill who putters" wrote in message
http://www.discoverlife.org/nh/id/

Stumbled here note the cross post.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

I worked (through the Asheville Mushroom Club) for several years on a
project partially funded by Discover Life. The project is an all taxa
biodiversity inventory of the Great Smokey Mountains National Park. My work
was with the fungal branch. We have presently identified over 3000 species
of a suspected 10,000+. Have a look at:
http://pluto.njcc.com/~ret/Butterfli.../mainpage.html if you're
interested.

Old 22-11-2010, 11:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

In article ,
"Steve Peek" wrote:

"Bill who putters" wrote in message
http://www.discoverlife.org/nh/id/

Stumbled here note the cross post.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

I worked (through the Asheville Mushroom Club) for several years on a
project partially funded by Discover Life. The project is an all taxa
biodiversity inventory of the Great Smokey Mountains National Park. My work
was with the fungal branch. We have presently identified over 3000 species
of a suspected 10,000+. Have a look at:
http://pluto.njcc.com/~ret/Butterfli.../mainpage.html if you're
interested.

Good Work. My hope is that the info is made widely available. Still I
wonder if few folks can conceive what is in our world. Hell I can't
fathom what is going on in my back yard. How to disseminate beauty and
wonder aside from example eluded me but I intend to try. Poetry words of
value straight photography mute compared to a gardener gardening.
Actions speak louder I read louder then words.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

Old 23-11-2010, 12:49 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

On Nov 22, 2:22*pm, "Steve Peek" wrote:
"Bill who putters" wrote in ... http://www.discoverlife.org/nh/id/

Stumbled here note the cross post.

--
Bill *S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

I worked (through the Asheville Mushroom Club) for several years on a
project partially funded by Discover Life. The project is an all taxa
biodiversity inventory of the Great Smokey Mountains National Park. My work
was with the fungal branch. We have presently identified over 3000 species
of a suspected 10,000+. Have a look at:http://pluto.njcc.com/~ret/Butterfli...inpage.html*if you're
interested.

Oh my, fantastic work!
I love the "Butterflies of the Soil" Must remember that for the Ca
Native Plant Society folks.
Emilie
Old 23-11-2010, 01:35 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

Bill who putters wrote:
In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Bill who putters wrote:
http://www.discoverlife.org/nh/id/

Stumbled here note the cross post.

Very nice :-)

Rather north America centred :-(

David

Yes North America centered can you find similar effort up your way
?

Some of much more limited scope - say for local plants or just one or two
genera. That's the problem, finding resources to do the work, it is
understandable that one would start near home.