Old 24-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Registered User

Default Student Research into the Gardening Lifestyles Future

Hi,

I am part of a student group conducting research for a fertiliser, pesticide and herbicide manufacturer and supplier in the UK. This research is intended to help the new generation of gardeners understand the products available to them whilst improving the garden centre experience for all.

This research will be going to the suppliers, so we would like to have peoples honest opinions as your response will be an important part of our report.

If you could fill in this really short questionnaire it would be extremely helpful and we may be able to get your opinions heard.

Age (optional):

How often to visit Garden Centres in a month?

Do you consider encouraging young gardeners (aged 15-30 ) to be important?

What ways to you think young gardeners can be encouraged and educated into the hobby/lifestyle?

On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being terrible and 10 being excellent, how would you rate these companies?
Westlands -
Doff Portland -
Scotts -
Vitax -

Finally how would you improve garden centres specifically to make the horticultural industry improve and progress with the changes in society and thinking to date?

Any feedback and answers would be extremely helpful, all your answers will remain anonymous. We hope these questions can make some improvements to the gardening lifestyle for all.

Thank you for you time,
Matt Logan.
Old 25-11-2010, 12:27 AM posted to rec.gardens

mlogan wrote:
Hi,

I am part of a student group conducting research for a fertiliser,
pesticide and herbicide manufacturer and supplier in the UK. This
research is intended to help the new generation of gardeners
understand the products available to them whilst improving the garden
centre experience for all.

This research will be going to the suppliers, so we would like to have
peoples honest opinions as your response will be an important part of
our report.

If you could fill in this really short questionnaire it would be
extremely helpful and we may be able to get your opinions heard.

Age (optional):

How often to visit Garden Centres in a month?

0.5

Do you consider encouraging young gardeners (aged 15-30 ) to be
important?

Yes but this is a motherhood statement, nobody will answer "no", well maybe
Brooklyn1 if his haemorrhoids are playing up.

What ways to you think young gardeners can be encouraged and educated
into the hobby/lifestyle?

Face to face contact with competent enthusiastic mentors not bubble-brain
salesmen

On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being terrible and 10 being excellent, how
would you rate these companies?
Westlands -
Doff Portland -
Scotts -
Vitax -

Never heard of any of them, this is an international forum.

Finally how would you improve garden centres specifically to make the
horticultural industry improve and progress with the changes in
society and thinking to date?

Improve their knowledge, particularly of local conditions, and get rid of
marketing hype over the latest expensive fashionable trademarked cultivar,
wonder tool or amazing chemfert. Have them teach people how to reuse and
recycle in the garden instead of throwing away and buying new.

Any feedback and answers would be extremely helpful, all your answers
will remain anonymous. We hope these questions can make some
improvements to the gardening lifestyle for all.

Or maybe sell more goods.

David.

Old 25-11-2010, 03:29 AM posted to rec.gardens

mlogan wrote:
Hi,

I am part of a student group conducting research for a fertiliser,
pesticide and herbicide manufacturer and supplier in the UK. This
research is intended to help the new generation of gardeners
understand
the products available to them whilst improving the garden centre
experience for all.

This research will be going to the suppliers, so we would like to have
peoples honest opinions as your response will be an important part of
our report.

If you could fill in this really short questionnaire it would be
extremely helpful and we may be able to get your opinions heard.

Age (optional):

I am old and decrepit.

How often to visit Garden Centres in a month?

I visit once a month, but buy nothing, I just love the smell in those
Garden Centers.

Do you consider encouraging young gardeners (aged 15-30 ) to be
important?

Yes! Is very important to teach the young ones that commercially made
products like artificial fertilizers, pesticides and most certainly all
types of herbicides are a complete and total waste of money. Companies
like the ones you represent are nothing for than useless Space
Merchants.

What ways to you think young gardeners can be encouraged and educated
into the hobby/lifestyle?

In order to live, you must grow your own food when the worlds currencies
collapse.

On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being terrible and 10 being excellent, how
would you rate these companies?
Westlands -
Doff Portland -
Scotts -
Vitax -

I give all of them a score of: 1

If they mostly sell fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides, they are
Space Merchants!

Finally how would you improve garden centres specifically to make the
horticultural industry improve and progress with the changes in
society
and thinking to date?

Sell nothing but heirloom plants and seeds. I can get the garden tools
at a hardware store, like shovels, wheel barrels, watering cans...

Any feedback and answers would be extremely helpful, all your answers
will remain anonymous. We hope these questions can make some
improvements to the gardening lifestyle for all.

Get a real job Matt that helps the earth and not harm it.
Marketing analysis is a stupid moronic occupation.

My answers are anonymous? Most kind of you!

If your real name is Matt Logan, you are real stupid for using a real
name here.
Also if your main email address is from hotmail, then spammers well
probably start sending you lots of junk email. The spammers bots
regularly scan the net for email addresses.

These are my most HONEST opinions
Good luck in your research

Old 25-11-2010, 06:22 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Dan L wrote:

What ways to you think young gardeners can be encouraged and educated
into the hobby/lifestyle?

In order to live, you must grow your own food when the worlds currencies
collapse.

There are 7 billion of us now and the U.K. imports 40% of its food. We
are projected to be 9 billion by 2050. You sound like a young lad who
may be here in 2050. Do you like to eat, regularly?

See a "Farm for a Future"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xShCEKL-mQ8 .
It comes in 5 parts. The first 2 parts are about what we can do with
what we got. The last 3 parts are about where farming could go to secure
a steady food supply.

Don't rely on others, when you can rely on yourself.
--
- Billy
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/7/2/maude
Old 05-12-2010, 04:52 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlogan View Post
[...]

Hi Matt,

You in reality are a corporate minion whose sole purpose is to proliferate the poisons manufactured by Multi-National Companies.

However there is plenty of time for you to change your path in life, as in thinking for yourself. The days of poisoning soil, insects and so called weeds is fast coming to an end.

These methods are unsustainable, the environment which sustains us is being killed by the people that you are working for. If I were you "I would take a good look in a mirror and ask why am I doing this".

No insult intended but you really need to get a life!!

uriel13

The mind is like a parachute, its totally useless unless its open