GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pictures of life in summer (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/194826-pictures-life-summer.html)

FarmI 15-12-2010 08:17 AM

Pictures of life in summer

"Dan L" wrote in message

Now I understand. Here I am living in country for twelve years now.
Going straight from city life to the country life. I did not know word
"agister". Not in a basic dictionary, but was in Wikipedia. When I learn
something new, I feel good about myself. I see the problem.

At first I thought it would be great to have a fat cow. I was thinking
in terms of beef.

Even with beef they can be too fat as you don't want really fatty meat once
it's dressed.

These sites might be of interest to you:
http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/agricultur...e-muscle-score
http://www.dpi.vic.gov.au/dpi/nreninf.nsf/v/F21B884713BC8986CA25741D0003F7CA/$file/Condition_Scoring_Beef_Cattle.pdf
http://beef.unl.edu/learning/condition1a.shtml
But from a birthing point of view, I can see the problem. Lots more to
learn. I also found there are vast resources on the web for taking care
of cattle. Web seems better than books .

It is interesting how one seemingly innocent photo can change a subject.

Yup :-))