Old 03-01-2011, 07:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Property Line Looks Like A Jungle

Living right in the middle of town, most of the neighbors are
respectful of one another. That is all except the neighbor who's
property joins mine to the east. He has huge trees that hang way over
the boundary and the leaves block up the down spouts on my rain gutters.
He has all kinds of bushes planted right up against the line also. They
hang over on my side so far that it's really hard to mow my lawn. Looks
like one solid mass or a jungle as I call it. You have to try and duck
under them or get slapped in the face or even worse, stuck with briars
while mowing. If you say anything to him about trimming them, he says:
not the right time of the year to trim that bush! Or, these trees and
bushes were planted long before you bought your house! He did help out
a bit with the problem. He moved his landscape timbers about 6" over
the line onto my side so his jungle don't appear to hang over quite as
far. I thought that was rather nice of him......Grrrrrrr! My small lot
is only 1/5 acre. His property is 1 acre. I don't have one single
plant on that boundary at all so he can't complain I'm doing the same
thing! He does have a long stretch of clothes line on his side about 8
foot away from the line that his wife uses a couple times a week to dry
clothes. Perhaps I will plant about 3 trees or so very close to the
border. Cherry trees! Does this sound like a plan or what? LOL

Rich

Old 03-01-2011, 08:10 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 01/03/2011 01:14 PM, EVP MAN wrote:

[...]

You need to take pictures and go to a lawyer and see what they say. You
might have a case for him to start cleaning things up and move his
landscape timbers back to his side. You might have the legal right to
trim his bushes that hang on your side.

What state do you live in?

--
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
~Winston Churchill

“Islam is the crack cocaine of religion” ~John Bodart

On September 11, 2010 Muslims in England were burning American
flags and calling for the overthrow of the United States. They
call Islam a Religion of Peace, but it's more like a Religion Of
Psychos.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 1/3/2011 2:14 PM, EVP MAN wrote:

[...]

I'd consider myself free to cut anything that hangs over the property
line at any time I desire and anything that crosses the line belongs to me.

Try to assert your rights without fighting with him and sometime it's
best to sic the authorities on them without getting involved. He may be
violating local ordinances by having an overgrown yard.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:31 PM posted to rec.gardens

I live in Pennsylvania. This neighbor is the type of guy that seems to
feel that he can do as he pleases when it comes to others BUT he will be
the first to tell you or complain if he feels you are doing something
against him. It's like: I can step on your toes but don't you dare
step on mine! Even if I could, it would cost me a small fortune to
hire a tree trimmer to take the limbs off of all his huge trees that
overhang my property. This is why I said about planting some cherry
trees near his clothes lines. It would sure give me some bargaining
power

Rich

Old 03-01-2011, 10:14 PM posted to rec.gardens
mj mj is offline

On Jan 3, 4:31*pm, (EVP MAN) wrote:
I live in Pennsylvania. *This neighbor is the type of guy that seems to
feel that he can do as he pleases when it comes to others BUT he will be
the first to tell you or complain if he feels you are doing something
against him. *It's like: *I can step on your toes but don't you dare
step on mine! *Even if I could, *it would cost me a small fortune to
hire a tree trimmer to take the limbs off of all his huge trees that
overhang my property. *This is why I said about planting some cherry
trees near his clothes lines. *It would sure give me some bargaining
power

Rich

No it probably wouldn't from a growing standpoint. His established
Jungle wouldn't give your Cherries a chance. If your gutters are
damaged call your homeowners insurance office.
MJ

Old 03-01-2011, 10:21 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Frank wrote:

[...]

Tell your neighbor that he has encroached onto your property, and you
would appreciate it he returned his "landscape timbers (?)" to his
property, or you'll be forced to have a surveyor mark the property line.
Of course this will cost you money, so you will need to go to small
claims for reimbursement, for this and any other costs that negotiation
may require, like court costs. As Frank said, don't get involved, just
feed him to the authorities. If these "landscape timbers (?)" are
allowed to remain, he may be entitled to claim that section of your
property for himself.
--
- Billy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyE5wjc4XOw
Old 03-01-2011, 10:28 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Mysterious Traveler wrote:

[...]

Again, advise him, in advance, that you will hold him responsible for
lawyer fees, court costs, and remediation.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:37 PM posted to rec.gardens

"EVP MAN" wrote in message

[...]

Why don't you just prune the growth that crosses over your property line
like the rest of the world? Jeez! Hire lawyers! Hire a surveyor! Spend
money! Fight! Go on Jerry Springer, why don't you?

Old 03-01-2011, 11:02 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Pico Rico" wrote:
"EVP MAN" wrote in message

[...]

Move out of the Jungle and move to the Country. A home in the boondocks
with a dozen acres cost about the same as a home in the city with a lot.
Taxes will be less but you will pay more for gasoline. Propane cost more
than Natural gas. For the gardener, life is better in the country.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:09 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 23:02:39 +0000 (UTC), Nad R
wrote:

"Pico Rico" wrote:
"EVP MAN" wrote in message

[...]

A jug of RoundUp... problem solved.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:00 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Property Line Looks Like A Jungle (Nad)

The thing is Nad, we like our house and I shouldn't have to move just
because of one disrespectful neighbor. Our property line is very clear
as it was surveyed and the survey stakes are at each corner. Stretch a
line from stake to stake and both myself and the neighbor know where the
line is. Yes, I could cut all the bushes that hang over on my side but
then it would be up to me to get rid of all the brush which isn't easy
living in town and driving a sub compact car. This neighbor has a
pickup truck! The point is, I wouldn't do this to him or any other of
my neighbors and I don't like it being done to me. I don't care at all
what he has planted so long as it remains on his side. I shouldn't have
to waste my time or money in any way to solve this problem. And YES, I
have plenty of room to plant the cherry trees and I'm sure the birds
will have good enough aim to hit the wash on his clothes line! He don't
like to use the clothes dryer because he told me it's too expensive to
run. The guy saves anything he can get for free. Old busted up plastic
flower containers, broken bricks, you name it and he saves it. He is
20 years older than me and I'm 62 so maybe it won't go on too much
longer. We lived in our home for 15 years now and he lived in his for
50 years. Perhaps that is why he thinks he owns the neighborhood!

Rich

Old 04-01-2011, 01:55 AM posted to rec.gardens

I see, except for one thing. Not just saving money, the outside clothes
line does a better job drying clothes on nice warm sunny days. Cherry trees
are good also.

Perhaps then recommend to your neighbor to move to the country. Pickup
trucks are a necessity in the country.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:33 AM posted to rec.gardens

EVP MAN wrote:
I live in Pennsylvania. This neighbor is the type of guy that seems
to feel that he can do as he pleases when it comes to others BUT he
will be the first to tell you or complain if he feels you are doing
something against him. It's like: I can step on your toes but don't
you dare step on mine! Even if I could, it would cost me a small
fortune to hire a tree trimmer to take the limbs off of all his huge
trees that overhang my property. This is why I said about planting
some cherry trees near his clothes lines. It would sure give me some
bargaining power

That's really a great idea. In about 15 years they will start to bother him, and
you will really be able to put the pressure on.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:36 AM posted to rec.gardens

Brooklyn1 wrote:
A jug of RoundUp... problem solved.

I had an old neighbor who did that to his neighbor. A tree sprayer asked the
victom what happened to the shrubs, and notified the state EPA, who came out and
tested the shrubs, then had a talk with the old man.