GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Herb Gardening (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/195124-herb-gardening.html)

coykiesaol 05-01-2011 07:36 AM

Herb Gardening

Herbs are a wonderful class of plants that has made life better for mankind from the very beginning of history. To this day they are still serving as always. I discovered the joys of herb gardening a while back and I love to tell others about how they can also gain the same satisfaction that I have. So go out and plant some rosemary or basil today.

Coleslaw 28-06-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coykiesaol (Post 909253)
Herbs are a wonderful class of plants that has made life better for mankind from the very beginning of history. To this day they are still serving as always. I discovered the joys of herb gardening a while back and I love to tell others about how they can also gain the same satisfaction that I have. So go out and plant some rosemary or basil today.

To save money, don't buy potted basil from the garden centre, buy it from a supermarket and re-pot. I do this and have Sweet Basil in my garden all summer long.

Drobium 29-06-2011 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coleslaw (Post 928257)
To save money, don't buy potted basil from the garden centre, buy it from a supermarket and re-pot. I do this and have Sweet Basil in my garden all summer long.

LOL!! thanks for that!

You can buy basil from our garden centre mind! we look after the things properly and make sure they are viable for growing on before selling them.
Supermarket bought ones are a gamble.