Old 15-01-2011, 03:35 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default hydrangea

If possible I would like to find out about how long it would take to grow a
hydrangea from cutting to full height of 6'.

Can anyone tell me?

Freckles

Old 15-01-2011, 05:23 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Freckles" wrote in message

If possible I would like to find out about how long it would take to grow
a hydrangea from cutting to full height of 6'.

Does this not depend on the variety? We have in a cold environment
at least two obviously different hydrangeas that peaked at 4 ft. and 7 ft.
high.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Old 15-01-2011, 09:46 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 1/14/2011 9:35 PM, Freckles wrote:
If possible I would like to find out about how long it would take to grow a
hydrangea from cutting to full height of 6'.

Can anyone tell me?

Freckles

Don't really know but guessing 3-4 years.
Old 18-01-2011, 02:15 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 20:35:46 -0600, "Freckles"
wrote:

If possible I would like to find out about how long it would take to grow a
hydrangea from cutting to full height of 6'.

Can anyone tell me?

I guess it depends on where you are. I've seen hydrangeas reach full
height in 2 years, but my area has winter rains - with no snow, so
they grow all year long.

--

Carrot cake counts as a serving of vegetables.
Old 30-06-2011, 09:18 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"Freckles" wrote:

If possible I would like to find out about how long it would take to grow a
hydrangea from cutting to full height of 6'.

Can anyone tell me?

Freckles

There are many different kinds of hydrangeas. Ours are all about 5
years old and only the Oak Leaf Hydrangea attempt such heights. The
mopheads and lacecaps are content well shy of 6 ft. The second year
they were as tall as they ever got. Some grow new wood each year, some
keep old wood. None are identical and few are ever 6 ft. One we don't
grow is Paniculata and it will grow 15 foot tall, so it would probably
pass 6 feet in one year. Another we don't grow is the climbing
hydrangea that gets up to 80 feet tall. It probably would surpass 6 feet
in one year.

The USNA has a good hydrangea site:
http://www.usna.usda.gov/Gardens/faq...angeafaq2.html
--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://rhodyman.net/rahome.html

[IMG] code is On

Hydrangea mop head blue Rich United Kingdom 4 07-11-2003 02:23 AM
hydrangea Sabaa Mundia Australia 6 19-06-2003 05:21 AM
Hydrangea petiolaris/Climbing Hydrangea pelirojaroja Gardening 2 21-04-2003 04:08 AM
Climbing Hydrangea Brs36 Gardening 5 09-04-2003 12:20 AM
Hydrangea - No Flowers Alan Terry United Kingdom 8 22-10-2002 06:45 PM