Old 22-01-2011, 06:20 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Beer And **** Make Great Compost Starters

Save your money on expensive compost starters. Beer and human urine
work wonders as a compost activator. While I don't enjoy wasting money
by dumping beer into the composter, I found it best to drink the beer
and then urinate into your composter. This method really gets things
cooking! It's best to either **** in a empty gallon milk jug and add it
to the compost OR **** into the composter after dark and late at night
when most neighbors are in bed sleeping. After all, we don't want to
**** off any of our neighbors now do we? While some people may consider
urine wast matter, it's packed full of vitamins, minerals and loaded
with nitrogen! Sooooooo, that also makes ****ing on your garden fine
also. I do this while my garden is at rest and before it's planted the
following spring. I do stop this practice a month before planting time
after which I till the soil after adding further amendments. Shake it
easy and give your garden what mother nature has provided

Old 22-01-2011, 04:55 PM posted to rec.gardens

Sounds like a great idea! Should I till it in or just use it as a top
dressing? By God Brook you do come up with some useful ideas after all
.............. LOL

Old 22-01-2011, 06:51 PM
floydie-pink's Avatar
Registered User

Location: south yorkshire

Ha ha i can remember watching Garderners world when i was little. one fella (andy i think cannot remember) used to go in his potting shed with an empty watering can and come out with a full one to put on his garden, wonder what was in it? lol.
Ever wonder why, when a dog wee's on your grass you have lovely thick glossy grass (only in odd patches?).
Old 22-01-2011, 07:49 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 01:20:34 -0500, (EVP MAN)
wrote:

[...]

Geeze, yer missing out.. next time you eat kielbasa take a dump on
your cabbage patch.

More egregiously, bad advice from the anti-Christian, pin-head Shelly.
Human manure is a source for E. coli 0157:H7, typhoid, and cholera, to
name a few, if not properly composted first.
--
- Billy
"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist."

Old 22-01-2011, 08:16 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

[...]

It's a shame you are not consistently wrong then we could simply reverse
whatever you say.

Feces do contain nutrients for the soil but are not safe unless sterilized
which most people are not equiped to do so don't try this.

Urine on the other hand is sterile (unless you have a urinary tract
infection) and so is quite safe to put in your compost heap or straight on
your nitrogen-loving plants such as citrus trees. Whether you want to apply
it via a bucket or in person is a matter of personal choice but consider
your aim and how friendly you are with your neighbours. I believe that
fathers should teach their sons (at least) to water the lemon tree.

David

Old 22-01-2011, 08:52 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

[...]

That makes you the worst offender, you Piece Of BILLY SHIT!
Old 22-01-2011, 11:41 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

[...]

Very creative of you, dimwit, and it's Mr. Billy to you.

Now go out and play in the traffic.
Old 23-01-2011, 03:02 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Jan 22, 1:20*am, (EVP MAN) wrote:
[...]

In fact, there are no vitamins in urine. They have all been absorbed
in the digestive tract, unless you are taking megadoses of water-
soluble vitamins. There are also few if any minerals, since you
reabsorb virtually 100% of the sodium, chloride, calcium, magnesium,
manganese, and every other important ion. Look up any decent text on
kidney function, and see what gets reabsorbed in the proximal and
distal tubules of the nephron.

But yes, human urine contains significant of nitrogen in the form of
urea. I can think of better ways of adding nitrogen to my garden,
though.

Chris
Old 23-01-2011, 06:44 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
Chris wrote:

On Jan 22, 1:20*am, (EVP MAN) wrote:
[...]

Unless, of course, you are taking a diuretic.

But yes, human urine contains significant of nitrogen in the form of
urea. I can think of better ways of adding nitrogen to my garden,
though.

What's better than "free", or are you saving it for . . . ?

Chris

--
- Billy
³When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist.²

Old 23-01-2011, 04:34 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Jan 23, 1:44*am, Billy wrote:
In article
,

*Chris wrote:
On Jan 22, 1:20*am, (EVP MAN) wrote:
[...]

Well, no, not really. Most diuretics simply cause you to reabsorb less
water. The other nutrients are still extracted unless you have
impaired kidney function.

But yes, human urine contains significant of nitrogen in the form of
urea. I can think of better ways of adding nitrogen to my garden,
though.

What's better than "free", or are you saving it for . . . ?

Something that doesn't smell so much maybe?

Chris

Old 24-01-2011, 01:43 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
Chris wrote:

On Jan 23, 1:44*am, Billy wrote:
In article
,

*Chris wrote:
On Jan 22, 1:20*am, (EVP MAN) wrote:
[...]

All I know, I read in the newspaper.

http://www.rxlist.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=94169
What are diuretics and how do they work?

The amount of fluid (water) retained by the body is controlled primarily
by the kidneys. This occurs due to the kidney's ability to control the
retention and elimination of sodium and chloride, because the amounts of
sodium, chloride, and water in the body are carefully balanced. Thus, if
sodium and chloride are eliminated from the body, water also is
eliminated. Conversely, if sodium and chloride are retained by the body,
so is water.
The elimination of sodium, chloride, and water from the body is somewhat
complex. In the kidneys, sodium, chloride, and other small molecules are
filtered out of the blood and into the tubules of the kidney where urine
is formed. Most of the sodium, chloride, and water are reabsorbed into
the blood before the filtered fluid leaves the kidney in the form of
urine. To make matters even more complex, there are different mechanisms
that are active in different parts of the tubules that affect the
reabsorption of sodium and chloride.
-----

If you can smell it, you're smelling the the urea breaking down into
ammonia, which isn't good for any plant. Spread the wealth around ;O)
Old 24-01-2011, 05:38 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article
,
Chris wrote:

On Jan 23, 1:44*am, Billy wrote:
In article
,

*Chris wrote:
On Jan 22, 1:20*am, (EVP MAN) wrote:
[...]

What I meant to say was, if you can smell ammonia, then its
concentration is too high. A little ammonia is good, but if you can
smell it, the concentration is too high, and it is probably damaging the
roots of your plants.
Old 25-01-2011, 12:44 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Jan 24, 12:38*pm, Billy wrote:
In article
,

*Billy wrote:
In article
,
*Chris wrote:

On Jan 23, 1:44 am, Billy wrote:
In article
,

Chris wrote:
On Jan 22, 1:20 am, (EVP MAN) wrote:
[...]

Indeed. Also, your diet will influence the composition of urine. If
you have a steak for dinner, chances are there's going to be more urea
in the urine. If you have an all grain muffing, not so much. And some
things have odd effects- asparagus is notorious for dumping smelly
sulfur compounds into urine, and broccoli will cause you to excrete
microscopic crystals (too much broccoli over extended periods can lead
to kidney stones).

Chris

--
- Billy
When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist.
-Archbishop Helder Camarahttp://peace.mennolink.org/articles/israelpeacegroups.htmlhttp://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/opinion/2011/01/2011181213096468...
20111812130964689.html