Flour & cement powder rat poison - queries

Old 29-07-2016, 01:44 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens

Default Flour & cement powder rat poison - queries

replying to Gas Bag, Kevin Kirkpatrick wrote:
Works extremely well. I go more flour to cement if they are reluctant to eat
it. Grout works fine.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...es-617335-.htm

Old 22-08-2016, 03:44 AM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens

replying to Gas Bag, Robert wrote:
This recipe works, I tried cornmeal ( 1 teaspoon) mixed it with 1 teaspoon of
hydraulic cement because I had some at home. Put it out in the deck where I
saw their droppings. In a day or two at the most, I got two of them drowned in
my swimming pool skimmer. It works very well. For those with pets, put it in a
mason jar, or something they can't get into. The corn meal may also attract
ants, so I used Diatomaceous Earth to kill them. Just sprinkle some of that
on the ants and they dehydrate and die. But for killing mice, this mixture
works very well and its cheap.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...es-617335-.htm

Old 24-08-2016, 08:46 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Robert" wrote in message roups.com...
replying to Gas Bag, Robert wrote:
This recipe works, I tried cornmeal ( 1 teaspoon) mixed it with 1 teaspoon of
hydraulic cement because I had some at home. Put it out in the deck where I
saw their droppings. In a day or two at the most, I got two of them drowned in
my swimming pool skimmer. It works very well. For those with pets, put it in a
mason jar, or something they can't get into. The corn meal may also attract
ants, so I used Diatomaceous Earth to kill them. Just sprinkle some of that
on the ants and they dehydrate and die. But for killing mice, this mixture
works very well and its cheap.

I'd like to try this out on roof rats. I have one of these empty bromadiolone containers. The hole is supposed to be small enough to keep squirrels, etc., out.

Cylinder is 14-in long, 4-1/2-in OD with one 1-7/8-in dia hole in one end, cut offcenter, near the left side. It has two semicircular pieces of thin metal with a 1-7/8-in hold cut in each one that lines up with the main opening. They cylinders are laid on the side, with the opening at the left side. Sketch...

http://i63.tinypic.com/241jm74.gif

Old 01-11-2016, 03:14 AM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens

replying to Brooklyn1, Sassy wrote:
I apologize but I couldn't help but laugh at what you said to that person. But
I do agree with you

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...es-617335-.htm

Old 01-11-2016, 03:14 AM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens

replying to Billy, Sassy wrote:
Lol, that was really funny but you told them

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...es-617335-.htm

Old 01-11-2016, 03:14 AM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens

replying to The Daring Dufas, Sassy wrote:
Lol, I can't help it but you guys have me cracking up tonight, I swear I was
searching the recipe for the cement mouse bait so I can get rid of these
pathetic mice that seems to be too smart for my traps and I tell you I had
some stomach aching laughs tonight. Lol. I wish I could see the look on the
mouse face and I hope I catch these *******s and get rid of them ASAP and
hopefully they'll have the same look

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...es-617335-.htm

Old 01-11-2016, 12:14 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens

replying to Gas Bag, Kevin Kirkpatrick wrote:
There are no guarantees where they will die. I just use flour and cement.
Works every time.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...es-617335-.htm

Old 28-11-2016, 12:44 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens

replying to Brooklyn1, frosty. wrote:
Cause they're cats you cretin, not goldfish.

Have your hysterics in a Safe Space with the other children.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...es-617335-.htm

Old 13-12-2016, 07:14 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens

replying to Billy, jbonnet wrote:
We bought a house last year and the previous owner put rat poison EVERYWHERE.
We are still finding packets tucked in corners of the house, and we are still
finding dead rats on the property (we live on 5 acres in the forest). We are
against the use of poisons because of the collateral damage such as pets.
Earlier this year we found the most gorgeous fox dead on our spring box -- it
was in search of water and likely died from eating a poisoned rat. If we
poison the rats and mice, we poison the beautiful forest we live in. Traps are
the way to go, if you must, but sealing up the house is the best option.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...es-617335-.htm

Old 14-12-2016, 11:44 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens

replying to Brooklyn1, Rusty Fox wrote:
OMG - cats outdoors? Are you kidding? Everybody knows that cats live in
houses. Before people kept cats as pets, cats used to build the most
magnificent houses from rainbows and wishes. They often had pet unicorns too,
who bred mice and rats for the cats to eat at parties they hosted for fairies
and elves and Santa and the Easter Bunny.

I doubt that you'd be capable of tying a knot.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...es-617335-.htm

Old 14-12-2016, 11:44 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens

replying to Brooklyn1, Rusty Fox wrote:
Yet further evidence that you are uneducated. Only one 'r' in 'feral'. I'm
surprised you could spell IQ correctly! Now, do you know what IQ means? Of
course not...

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...es-617335-.htm

Old 24-01-2017, 12:44 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens
Tdp

replying to Gas Bag, Tdp wrote:
Did you get an answer to your question about mice? I cleaned my garage today
and suddenly saw one trying to climb up our brick into my bathroom window. I
want to kill them and deter them. I can't bait them. Do you have any new
ideas? Please email me - . I'm terrified of them.

--
for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...es-617335-.htm

Old 27-03-2017, 01:14 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens

replying to Brooklyn1, Yo wrote:
Okay so they're one of the best hunters on the planet yet simultaneously have
no survival skills. Dude get out of here with your alternative facts. I'm
sorry someone shot your cat once but that's very rare and if its not I want
cited proof, not your word.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...es-617335-.htm