GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Biochar? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/195452-biochar.html)

Alex[_5_] 27-02-2011 06:02 PM

Biochar?

"Nancy Young" schreef in bericht
Alex wrote:
"Nancy Young" schreef in bericht
Hi, all.

I keep hearing good things about biochar as a soil amendment.

Does anyone here have experience using it? I'm thinking of
adding it to my flower gardens and vegetable beds.

It has as tendency to absorb nutrients and water, so it
is best to first inoculate it with compost or compost tea.

Oh, okay. I generally add what compost I have to the vegetable
beds and I add manure to everything. Thanks for the info.

nancy

It would probably be best to mix it in with your compost pile
or let it sit in the manure and add both together.

On how *not* to do it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JpvhaQjyyc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-hhtZGll0U

Cheers,