GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Creating A Rockery (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/195591-creating-rockery.html)

GrowGuru 14-02-2011 12:57 PM

Creating A Rockery

Hi there.
I have a NW facing front garden and would like to create a rockery on my side of a 4ft. brick wall.
I am in South London.
Any ideas of a selection of plants and shrubs that will give a bit of color all year round?
Would the vibrant colored heathers and small grasses work??

Also, a friend has a very large NE facing garden in the same area and would like to start growing a vegetable garden......
Any type of vegetable for beginners would be ideal.
Also, soil type recomendations would be appreciated.

Thank-you