GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Top 5 or more hanging basket plants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/195838-top-5-more-hanging-basket-plants.html)

coykiesaol 08-03-2011 05:15 AM

Top 5 or more hanging basket plants

Hi ALL

I know we all have our favourite plants for hanging baskets , but what works best for you and what variety performs best plus its getting to that time when we start planing.

Iam sure this would be helpful as I still strugle to pick a fushia that can last.

1. Surfina petunia , just go on and on all summer I go for the good old blue white purple , the fancy ones ie doubles just dont last as long I have found

2.Geranium, trailing normaly go for tom cat to trail and mexica tom , upright Tommy, think I have a theme going onBig Grin

3.Fushia, Marcus Graham & Cecile , seemed to do the best ??? up to now

4.Dishondra silver falls always looks good

5.Trailing nepeta (a must have )

16 inch baskets coir liner water tray in the bottom filled with swell gel and slow realeas fertiliser

tony homegarden 08-03-2011 07:37 AM

yes,i am a cookie about it, but i think it will be useful, thank you!

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 08-03-2011 10:07 PM

tony homegarden wrote:
yes,i am a cookie about it, but i think it will be useful, thank you!

I am glad one of us does.