GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Dividing carex testacea (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/196040-dividing-carex-testacea.html)

jineu21 21-03-2011 11:01 PM

Dividing carex testacea

Hi.

I have pruned my carex testaceas quite hard, leaving only a couple of inches above ground. If I divide them in mid spring, would it be OK or would it stress them too much?

I have another question. After pruning them I sprinkled some growmore on top of them, rather than around them as I should have. I tried to get it off with water jet, but quite a bit must be still there. I am worried that the fertilizer may burn and kill new shoots.

Thank you very much for your answer.