GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Systemic Weed Killer (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/196225-systemic-weed-killer.html)

rj123 03-04-2011 12:51 PM

Systemic Weed Killer

If I paint on systemic weed killer to unwanted Lily of the Valley, will this damage or kill the roots of the other plants that they are tangled in with?

beecrofter[_2_] 03-04-2011 07:34 PM

Systemic Weed Killer

--
rj123

Which systemic?

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 03-04-2011 10:33 PM

Systemic Weed Killer

rj123 wrote:
If I paint on systemic weed killer to unwanted Lily of the Valley,
will this damage or kill the roots of the other plants that they are
tangled in with?

Probably not. In the case of glyphosate no.

David

rj123 04-04-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beecrofter[_2_] (Post 916849)
On Apr 3, 7:51*am, rj123 wrote:
If I paint on systemic weed killer to unwanted Lily of the Valley, will
this damage or kill the roots of the other plants that they are tangled
in with?

--
rj123

Which systemic?

Bramble killer ultra containing glyphosate,I also have Resolva weedkiller 24hr action, containing glyphosate and diquat.

rj123 04-04-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Hare-Scott[_2_] (Post 916866)
rj123 wrote:
If I paint on systemic weed killer to unwanted Lily of the Valley,
will this damage or kill the roots of the other plants that they are
tangled in with?

Probably not. In the case of glyphosate no.

David

Many thanks David, I have 2 weedkillers containing glyphosate, I will give this a go.