GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Little Yellow Eggs found in plant compost! Pictures attached (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/196226-little-yellow-eggs-found-plant-compost-pictures-attached.html)

rosewazs 03-04-2011 03:01 PM

Little Yellow Eggs found in plant compost! Pictures attached

2 Attachment(s)
Im repotting a house plant into a larger pot and im using some compost from another dead house plant that I throw out 6 months ago. However ive found little yellow eggs, the size of pepper corns in the compost from the dead plant. They are semi-translucent and can be crushed quite easily, where its quite gooey and small white particles are inside.

Im worried that i will have some kind of bug infestation in my apartment if I use this soil. Does anyone know what this could be?

OtherFellow 03-04-2011 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosewazs (Post 916819)
Im repotting a house plant into a larger pot and im using some compost from another dead house plant that I throw out 6 months ago. However ive found little yellow eggs, the size of pepper corns in the compost from the dead plant. They are semi-translucent and can be crushed quite easily, where its quite gooey and small white particles are inside.

Im worried that i will have some kind of bug infestation in my apartment if I use this soil. Does anyone know what this could be?

Looks like slow release feriliser to I.

lannerman 03-04-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OtherFellow (Post 916843)
Looks like slow release feriliser to I.

Yes, I'd agree, slow release fertilzer like 'Osmacote', so dont worry, they are not any form of bug, most people think they are snails eggs.
Lannerman

[email protected] 16-09-2014 04:55 PM

Little Yellow Eggs found in plant compost! Pictures attached

Idk what they are but I found some holes newly dug in my mom's house plant and it had tiny yellow eggs I wish I knew what they were