GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Killing Bermuda grass (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/196232-killing-bermuda-grass.html)

Tony Miklos 03-04-2011 05:50 PM

Killing Bermuda grass

OK, late last summer I poisoned all the Bermuda grass that was taking
over everything. Now in those areas I have numerous weeds here and
there that are nice and green. I wanted to wait until the Bermuda grass
greens up again so I can kill any I missed but I don't recall how long
it takes it to green up again so I don't know if it's dead for sure. I
surely don't want to plant a new lawn and have the Bermuda grass come
back. I'm in east TN and this lawn has a perfect southern exposure.
Zone 6b according to this map.
http://www.garden.org/zipzone/index.php?img=neusa
But that is the same zone I was in in PA and things grow much sooner and
longer down here. Anyone down here with Bermuda grass? Is it green?

Is mad gardener still here? I think she lives ~ 20 miles away.