GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   glyphosate (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/196293-glyphosate.html)

Tony Miklos 08-04-2011 12:14 PM

glyphosate

I bought some off brand "roundup" and it doesn't like to stick onto what
I spray, it beads up and runs off. Is it OK to add a little dishwashing
detergent to the mix? I have found before that that will make it stick
quite well. Is there any harm?

David E. Ross[_2_] 08-04-2011 04:21 PM

glyphosate

On 4/8/11 4:14 AM, Tony Miklos wrote:
I bought some off brand "roundup" and it doesn't like to stick onto what
I spray, it beads up and runs off. Is it OK to add a little dishwashing
detergent to the mix? I have found before that that will make it stick
quite well. Is there any harm?

I always add some liquid soap to any spray. I buy the cheapest brand
that does NOT contain lotion or special scents.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean

gardenlen[_2_] 08-04-2011 06:56 PM

glyphosate

g'day tony,

yes do that but buy a deterget that is not scented up with lots of
additives, maybe one of the earth friendly ones, if unsure you can buy
a wetting agent from the garden shop.

On Fri, 08 Apr 2011 07:14:29 -0400, Tony Miklos
wrote:

snipped
--

Matthew 25:13 KJV
"Watch therefore, for ye know neither

Mark 13:33 "Take ye heed, watch and pray:
for ye know not when the time is".

and also: Isaiah 38:1&17-18 KJV

1: Thus saith the Lord, set thine house in order: for thou shalt die and not live.
17: for thou hast cast all my sins behind my back.
18: For the grave cannot praise thee, death cannot celebrate thee: they that go down in the pit cannot hope for truth.

len

With peace and brightest of blessings,

"Seek truth and understanding will follow"

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

Tony Miklos 12-04-2011 02:20 PM

glyphosate

On 4/8/2011 1:56 PM, gardenlen wrote:
g'day tony,

yes do that but buy a deterget that is not scented up with lots of
additives, maybe one of the earth friendly ones, if unsure you can buy
a wetting agent from the garden shop.

Thank you both. I happen to have palmolive free and clear in the kitchen.

On Fri, 08 Apr 2011 07:14:29 -0400, Tony Miklos
wrote:

snipped