GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help with Heron please! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/196349-help-heron-please.html)

[email protected] 16-04-2011 09:09 PM

Help with Heron please! YES

3. I have a concrete "croc" in my pond. It is mostly submerged so just a tiny bit
of the back and tip of the nose is above water. It is a myth that herons only fish
alone. So placing a heron statue in the pond wont work. However, no heron can
ignore a croc (alligator) since herons overwinter in areas with these big predators.

My best-ever photo of a great blue heron -
- blown up, professionally framed - and hanging on my wall -
.. taken at the reserve in Florida .. forget the name -
.... you know - the aligator place ... :-)
John T.

Brooklyn1 17-04-2011 12:10 AM

Help with Heron please! YES

wrote:

3. I have a concrete "croc" in my pond. It is mostly submerged so just a tiny bit
of the back and tip of the nose is above water.

Must be a rather shallow pond, more a puddle... psot pictures.

My best-ever photo of a great blue heron -
John T.

I see no great blue heron?!?!?

Here's one at my pond, late last summer, right after planting my sugar
maple:
http://i55.tinypic.com/25plan6.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/dmtn5x.jpg

[email protected] 17-04-2011 01:56 PM

Help with Heron please! YES

My best-ever photo of a great blue heron -
John T.

I see no great blue heron?!?!?

... you can't see my wall.
John T.