GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Little White Balls in my Phartenocissus (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/196362-little-white-balls-my-phartenocissus.html)

FrancisFurtado 11-04-2011 05:36 PM

Little White Balls in my Phartenocissus

Hello again.
The spring is starting and the problems to...this time i found these small little white balls in my Parthenocissus:
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

My 2 Parthenocissus quinquefolia that i bought last November are full of them, and i don't know what to do...

Thank You.

Kay Lancaster 12-04-2011 10:42 PM

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 16:36:28 +0000, FrancisFurtado wrote:

My 2 Parthenocissus quinquefolia that i bought last November are full of
them, and i don't know what to do...

They appear to be "pearl glands" -- just outgrowths of the epidermis.
Nothing to do... completely normal. More obvious in high humidity growing
conditions.